Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Warranty Clampdown

Reaction score
Just had this email:
Dear DJI Creators,

To provide you with ever better service, DJI will now only provide warranty services for products purchased from Authorized Resellers. Products purchased from unauthorized Resellers are not subject to warranty services. This rule takes effect today. Customers who have already bought DJI products will not be affected.

Before buying a DJI product, visit the official DJI website to find an authorized DJI dealer where you can make your purchase.

When applying for a warranty service, the sales invoice of the product requiring warranty repair must be provided.

North America aftersales services contact email: [email protected]

Best regards, DJI

Reactions: John Archer
Ha ha... I call Bull Sh*t DJI. Every product sold in the US has an implied warranty of merchantability. The warranty is not void because of the seller.

On a more worrisome note, this mean that DJI is having too many warranty claims. Smells like a class action suit in the making. Because of the liability, regulations, licensing, 333 waivers etc, there are a lot of people who have legitimate claims of damages due to manufacturing defects and recalls. I'm interested to see how this plays out in the long term.

Ha ha... I call Bull Sh*t DJI. Every product sold in the US has an implied warranty of merchantability. The warranty is not void because of the seller.

On a more worrisome note, this mean that DJI is having too many warranty claims. Smells like a class action suit in the making. Because of the liability, regulations, licensing, 333 waivers etc, there are a lot of people who have legitimate claims of damages due to manufacturing defects and recalls. I'm interested to see how this plays out in the long term.

No it means that they aren't going to warranty Grey Market products. Nikon and Canon do the same thing

DJI are such a shifty company.
Can't belive no one has come along and really challenged them yet.

Maybe but reading a lot of posts here and in the Phantom site, there are a lot of people damaging their machines and then sending them in for repairs that are not valid or truthful.

All I can do is give my opinion from personal experience. I only had 1 dealing with DJI and that was regarding my phantom 1 version 1. it took off with a mind of its own and crashed into my neighbors roof. it was the 3rd or 4th time I had been up that day. I am in southern CA so the fact that I lost control worried me. I called them and asked if they could look at my craft. explained what happened and where I fly. explained I wanted to know what happened so I could try to prevent in the future. They gave me an RMA number and in 3 weeks my phantom showed up repaired and ready to go. They never did tell me what happened but I also never paid for it either. now I have 2 phantoms and my inspire. On my inspire I have 57.32 hours of flight time for a distance of 1,831,822 ft with 334 flights it has been a great craft and I am thankful a company DJI has stepped up and given us the opportunity to own equipment like we all do. no company is perfect and like many DJI went through some growing pains and will have some failure rate.

I am not a DJI employee or get anything from them. just saying how I have been treated.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk