Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI XT Powered by Flir is here!!!

"appears you cannot run the data from the camera in the FLIR Tools software"
Can you explain what you mean?

a dealer asked FLIR today if the data recorded by the camera can be run through FLIR Tools reporting software to be told a big fat NO......great, so you can take measurements but you cannot report your findings to the client !

what a clever move !!!!!!

a dealer asked FLIR today if the data recorded by the camera can be run through FLIR Tools reporting software to be told a big fat NO......great, so you can take measurements but you cannot report your findings to the client !

what a clever move !!!!!!
Thanks. Brilliant, a FLIR brand product not compatible with FLIR brand software. What's wrong with people?
Apparently DJI is bored with the lock on the market they have and are anxious to yield to Yuneec or 3DR.:)

Yuneec really need to get the Flir Vue Pro on the Typhoon H gimbal (may have already done so as they have a Flir camera gimbal just dont know which one). As long as they have suitable integration through the ST16 remote, then they would have a real winner as the recording part of the Vue Pro can be run through Flir Tools providing they dont do a DJI and bugger that up !......cmon Yuneec over to you

sadly it appears you cannot run the data from the camera in the FLIR Tools software !!!!!......and what is the point of measuring something when you cant report it back to the client ??.........Yuneec need to come to the rescue here
Actually that's not correct sir, the Flir tools are completely compatible with the DJ I XT camera line. This has been confirmed by me today by speaking with a representative of Flir

Thanks. Brilliant, a FLIR brand product not compatible with FLIR brand software. What's wrong with people?
Apparently DJI is bored with the lock on the market they have and are anxious to yield to Yuneec or 3DR.:)
The new DJI XT is fully compatible with the Flir software

If I am able to use my bird to find a lost person or utilize it during a fire to help save a life or prevent someone from getting injured, the price is more than reasonable. This is not a toy and is intended for serious applications. In the world of camera technology this is not expensive at all. It's all relative! and like I said before, it has to be the right decision for each individual person. Be safe everyone!!!
What version do you suggest for LE and search and rescue application?

Actually that's not correct sir, the Flir tools are completely compatible with the DJ I XT camera line. This has been confirmed by me today by speaking with a representative of Flir

then I can send you the email I received from my dealer who made contact with them when discussing buying the XT and they emphatically said NO it is not compatible !.....we then decided against buying it for that reason ! By all means if you want to call heliguy in the UK and call them liars then good luck to you : quote from their email :

"The DJI XT is definitely not compatible with the FLIR Tools+ Software."

then I can send you the email I received from my dealer who made contact with them when discussing buying the XT and they emphatically said NO it is not compatible !.....we then decided against buying it for that reason ! By all means if you want to call heliguy in the UK and call them liars then good luck to you : quote from their email :

"The DJI XT is definitely not compatible with the FLIR Tools+ Software."

Lots of misinformation flying around pre-release. Ralph should have one in his hands soon to test and verify hopefully and see what's what.

Read recently a poster who emphatically claimed the X5R would not include an SSD drive. Despite the spec page describing its inclusion, we'll soon have them in our hands to put this stuff to rest.

Last edited:
Reactions: FlyHighUSA

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaisyBanue