Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI XT Thermal Mapping programs

We did this with the XT. The issue is with creating a model with thermal only. Of course you cant have radiometric model, no software supports it so far. You can create a model of a building with thermal map, but you also have to fly RGB with the same flight path. It looks like this: you map an area with the X3/X5/X5R. Then you map the same area with the XT. Since the XT has such a low resolution, its nearly impossible to build a model out of it. So you create an RGB model, and than you put an XT texture on the same model. Correct me if I'm wrong but this is the only way so far.....

Are you using Pix4D in this workflow? If so, how are you layering the XT texture?

Are you using Pix4D in this workflow? If so, how are you layering the XT texture?
I'm not, I'm using a program that creates a a KLM for Google Earth. It puts the images on the Map where they were taken and puts a thumbnail on the map that you can click on to view full size. That's the best I could come up with. I use Dronedeploy or Mappilot to take the images

Hello,

I've just started researching making thermomaps. It looks like people have had luck with an inspire/FLIR setup. Has anyone tried making a thermomap with PrecisionMapper? I was looking at getting an inspire with a zenmuse xt 630 @ 30hz r.

I Try Raptor Maps Today, $99 to try the app and $200 and more $ for each Radiometric map... not for me.

No other software stich radiometrics images???

Have not tried those yet. I talked to a drone rental company that rents the FLIR XT and they said that the problem is with FLIR, they encode their TIFFs...

I am wondering if anyone actually does this--thermal map a large area with a DJI FLIR XT--if someone has done this we have yet to talk to them.

Anyone?

Yes, It is possible. We fly many Solar facilities and create full resolution Ortho’s from the photos. It’s required a minimum of 70% side overlap and 60% front overlap. There is no commercial software that can do it but there are a very few companies that can accomplish the task. We use Inspectools/Precisionhawk. We get full high resolution Ortho’s. We fly over 200 projects a year for our internal O&M and use the photos along with their proprietary AI to find all defects.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu