Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Z3 is now in stock!!!

Stills are awesome. The video issues will be resolved in short order. The feedback I am getting is that the video is ok but slightly lagging as I have seen on my personal unit. I have been in this industry for 35 years now and I have seen things like this many many times. DJI will release a firmware soon that will resolve this issue. Other than the issue at hand I am really happy with it. It will be the new work horse for DJI. Of course these are just one mans opinion. Happy flying guys.

Reactions: SKY pics WA
Stills are awesome. The video issues will be resolved in short order. The feedback I am getting is that the video is ok but slightly lagging as I have seen on my personal unit. I have been in this industry for 35 years now and I have seen things like this many many times. DJI will release a firmware soon that will resolve this issue. Other than the issue at hand I am really happy with it. It will be the new work horse for DJI. Of course these are just one mans opinion. Happy flying guys.
it seems that from all the places i can get real feedback on this camera, you are the only one that is pretty happy with the Z3. Im really unhappy about forking out so much money for my bird to take such a huge step backwards (especially in Australia where we are paying around the $1200 US dollars to have the privelige of using local suppliers - didnt realise we were so much further from China than the U.S.) :p
Are really so happy with your camera Ralph? Id be evry interested in what you have been doing with it, and if there is anything that we can be doing to be able to improve what we have while we wait for the MIA DJI people that done seem to wish to comment on this

cheers

is anyone using this with a boosted antenna system? any better results?
I have a Itelite MaxxRange Antenna coming next week so will report how that goes

ok some good news
firstly i tried with the new MaxxRange Antenna and it didnt seem to make a great differenve with the Z3. (It was great with the X3)
RichJ53 from another forum made some comment about the image transmission and for some reason it is defaulting to the worst channel.
I went out today, and changed from the auto mode to the manual mode and i selected a strong channel.
Unbelievably I flew a mission and the Z3 seemed to work with no issues. I then selected back to auto channel select and it continued to work without incident.
I am reporting here on 2 flights, but this is certainly the first time i have come home happy with the performance with the Z3.
I also noted that the transmission quality setting was set be default to absolute lowest setting.

I would like to hear if anyone else could try playing with these settings and are finding an improvement. If it is as simple as these settings then surely this will be fixed with a simple firmware tweak.

i look forward to hearing others experience with this
cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84