Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Z30 Coming

Looks like a low res but long range camera intended for industrial observation / surveillance purposes where image quality is irrelevant as long as you can see what you need, not high quality "cinematic" shots.

Reactions: Koptervision
What's the matrix? Will it not work on the Inspire?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

That's the M600 - what's the matrix?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

This is most likely going to be used by inspection services. The relatively crap sensor is good enough to image something small from fairly close. A good example is looking at cell tower equipment. You can be 40' away and still take pictures of very minute parts, connections, bolts and nuts... The 30X zoom will provide the detail needed and at just over 2MP the sensor is more than adequate. Development money goes into a self balancing 30X lens and not to sensor.

Reactions: Kilrah
Sensor CMOS, 1/2.8"
Effective Pixels: 2.13 M

1998 called, they want their Z30 back.
Seriously, TWO MEGAPIXEL?
I get that it's supposedly enough for inspection purposes, but why not also have a decent sensor and be able to sell it to those needing zoom for the thousand other reasons a good zoom would be a massive asset?

I can only assume they've done this very deliberately to prevent anyone going down the surveillance, spying, perving on neighbours, etc route, which would open a huge can of worms, get really bad press, and bring the whole industry under a lot more heat.
People already think we spy on them from half a mile away with these things, the last thing we would need would be high res shots from a 30x optical that convinces them it's true.

Wow, 2MP is a dealbreaker for me, 8MP would have been fine. Might as well just get the Z3 and zoom in on the photo in Photoshop :/

Reactions: Koptervision
I can clearly understand why most users would want higher MP if they are doing something other than inspections. However, if you look at the DJI website you will see they are not bashful at all about this is a very narrow appeal device. They know that one of the appeals will be the relatively low bandwidth necessary to stream these live so an internal inspector signed off in real time and is simply sitting behind a desk at the home office watching live inspections. The low MP makes that easy and very cost effective even from primitive locations. Yes, it's a speciality product. But, they never implied anything else. The Z3 is already out there...

I can clearly understand why most users would want higher MP if they are doing something other than inspections. However, if you look at the DJI website you will see they are not bashful at all about this is a very narrow appeal device. They know that one of the appeals will be the relatively low bandwidth necessary to stream these live so an internal inspector signed off in real time and is simply sitting behind a desk at the home office watching live inspections. The low MP makes that easy and very cost effective even from primitive locations. Yes, it's a speciality product. But, they never implied anything else. The Z3 is already out there...
True. I guess it isn't as bad as the XT resolution LOL.

Nice bit of kit to go with the Inspire 1
Platform Agnostic AeryonLive offers Video and Telemetry for DJI

Close to 10K for the price.
2mp is still 1080 resolution so its god for the live feed, and
if you are comparing to z3 you could zoom in on photoshop (z3 has lossless zoom at 7x) (30x/7x=4.3x) 4.3x, but this leaves you with the effective megapixels of 0.67mp. To find that:
Take 12.4mp divide by the digital zoom factor squared (4.3x4.3=18.49), so your z3 camera at 30x would be the same as a 0.7mp camera. ***

*** That assumes the Z3 is still a 12mp photo after digital zoom, which I dont think it is. So...
12.4mp divide by (2x2) for the digital zoom = 3.1mp THEN digital zoom in the other 4.3X
3.1 / (4.3*4.3)= 0.17mp after doing 30x with a Z3.

Last edited:
I would simply use a 4K GoPro and zoom digitally... Hmmm....I wonder how well that would work??? This was shot pre-Inspire.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nickolas74