Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DLOG not staying as default.

Reaction score
Website
www.overlookfs.com
Anyone else experiencing the same thing? When i startup the I2 and set DLOG for format it works as long as I don't switch to photo mode or shutdown and restart. Otherwise it reverts back to Normal mode for Video.

Very frustrating. In previous app and firmware releases if I set the mode to DLOG it would stay there until I changed it. No matter if I took pictures and video during same flight or subsequent flights.

Using latest firmware and version of DJI GoApp with Zenmuse X5S.

Hi

Apparently this is an issue with the I2 it's impossible to save any of your settings for the camera. When The transmitter gets turned off it starts up with the default settings every time.

I have read on good authority that there is if DJI released a firmware update where you could save the camera settings it would be exponentially more difficult to write future firmware updates..

You just have to make sure you check your camera settings every time you turn the controller off.

Hope this helps

Keith

I have read on good authority that there is if DJI released a firmware update where you could save the camera settings it would be exponentially more difficult to write future firmware updates..

I heard that same podcast. But, as someone with a Computer Science degree, I can say with some certainty that "exponentially more difficult" is a huge overstatement. More likely, given DJI's current focus on liability, they simply don't want the hassle of maintaining metadata consistency between firmware updates. So instead, as they are doing more and more, they opt to negatively impact the customer instead, in deference to their convenience. Certainly they would have to think about persistent memory status between firmware updates. But really, lots of people are managing updates to iPhone/iPad/etc apps without loosing all user data. Its just being lazy.

Reactions: jshimko

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla