Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Do I get one or not?

Reaction score
I have a GoPro4 and Besteady gimbal for ground work, I bought them out of impatience of the Osmo release. Now Im wondering if I should still get one? What are some of the complaints or regrets? .. also, what the hot setup for light and external mic?... should I get the handle only? or get the whole thing with camera and gimbal? Thanks for your opinions in advance!

I have a GoPro4 and Besteady gimbal for ground work, I bought them out of impatience of the Osmo release. Now Im wondering if I should still get one? What are some of the complaints or regrets? .. also, what the hot setup for light and external mic?... should I get the handle only? or get the whole thing with camera and gimbal? Thanks for your opinions in advance!
Battery life is my biggest problem with the Osmo. They run out fast. I bought two batteries and I still stress about it if I'm away from power. Also you need your phone to run it and my phone chews power too.

The software isn't complete either. The timelapse function still doesn't work. The camera drifts slowly. And how long can your drifty timelapse be with short battery life.

It's still good for regular shooting though. Except the full 4k. As far as I'm aware omsos are all crashing at the top res and dji is working on it.

I think I'm going to keep it though cause those negatives are worth it for the positives. Do gopros still have that fish eye lens look? I don't want to get into that at all. The Osmo footage visually matches other cameras better.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Thanks!.. that's all good info.. maybe i'll hold off for a while. The Besteady Gimbal I have will last all day long. The GoPro4 only has the fisheye on wide setting.. the med, and narrow look good.

I only shoot in 4K with the Osmo and Inspire.
HD is passé, like standard definition some years ago.
No problems with either machine in 4K.

Reactions: Highrpm955
Got my Osmo a few days ago and just put my FeiyuTech G4 gimbal up for sale. I did a quick comparison and it's night/day quality between the two. I'm keeping the GoPro for the TimeLapse function but for 4k stabilised footage the Osmo blows away what you can get with a GoPro and gimbal.
I've been using it a bit without my phone and the framing isn't too bad.
The audio is absolute rubbish and I've turned it off on the Osmo and will record on a seperate device.

^^^^^ Very helpful... so is there any difference between the I1 X3, and the black X3 that comes with the Osmo?
It's been discussed on this forum here... Osmo X3 vs Inspire X3 - Any Differences? | DJI Inspire Forum
But I think it's just the axis locking mechanisms and black colour.
I decided to get the whole Osmo kit rather than just the handle so I'm not worried about losing/breaking one then not having the other.
I've done comparisons between GoPro, iPhone 6s plus and RX100 IV and the Osmo tops them all but I wouldn't expect much difference between the Osmo X3 and Inspire X3 but I could run a comparison in video quality if there's demand.

The constant drift (on mine) every few minutes is annoying to say the least , I am constantly having to double click the front button
to make it point straight ahead , my G4 FeiyuTech does not do this , I expected better from the Osmo , maybe , well I can hope
a future firmware will fix the issue.

The Osmo takes beautiful footage in good light. It's not 'pro' level but it often looks much better than pro stuff as it's so smooth and stable.

Nothing for hobby interests comes close at the moment IMHO.

I bought 3 batteries but they last 40 minutes in real world usage so I'm ok. I'd like better low light performance but I mostly plan to just use it during daylight hours.

My wife said it looked absolutely amazing watching me run around at the beach chasing and panning around our son; she is not easily impressed with tech gear (she's seen plenty of footage of my P3P).

I'd buy another and would recommend it to people not needing good audio on the device with patience to learn how to use it and to perfect their 'ninja walk' (which stops the annoying up/down bobbing motion on many peoples vids). You also need patience to get it out of the case, put it together and boot/sync everything (which can take a solid minute - so no quick shots even if it's sitting there next to you - it's at least 15 seconds to boot and connect to wifi even when assembled).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PhillisSpa