Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Does anyone own a P3 and I1?

Any major DJI dealer will do you... but for repair.. your be talking to DJI Europe (Germany) and a 6-8 week turn around

A good reason to take care of your Inspire

I'm in Melbourne Australia bud.
@The Editor would possibly know.
Your majesty we require your input!
You rang???? :p

@Yogi - unfortunately you will not find ANY UK dealer that is authorised to repair the Inspire. They all have to be sent off to DJI Europe (Germany) for service and/or repair.
Having said that, purchasing in the UK is safer than most countries since you are protected by the Sales of Goods Act whereby your contract is between your dealer and you. It has nothing whatsoever to do with DJI so it is up to your dealer to rectify any fault that manifests itself. They might try and pontificate and say that you need to send off your Inspire directly to DJI etc etc but they will be breaking the law on insisting you do this. So you can politely point out to them that it is their responsibility not DJI's since your contract is between you and the dealer - DJI are not party to it in any way.

So, that being said, as long as you pick an authorised DJI dealer (and not a FleaBay merchant) you should be fine.

Reactions: sirnikolas
I fly both units.... And enjoy flying both.... Advantages to having both.... A problem with one and it doesn't shut you down..... Inspire is obviously a better Quad and you pay the price for it.... The P-3 allows portability. Lighter, smaller and easy to carry to more remote locations. Both have their place. As for service I just had a Controller repaired and door to door it took five weeks. Not an issue for me as I have two controllers. If I only had one, it's a long time to be out of commission. As DJI grows they must start authorizing local dealers as service centers..... Right now they have too many repairs and not enough technicians at the single US Facility. It is very early in the technology cycle for these things. There will be issues. IMO DJI has responded well in getting updates out there in a timely manner.

I am actually thinking very hard on getting a P3 just to have a wreckable trainer bird for my good I1... :eek:
I'm having a hard time mentally putting my I1 in harms way to force my flying skills to improve... :(
That 8 week+ turnaround on the I1 versus plenty-o-parts available on Phantoms thing... :mad:
And that's even with having a complete "B" sitting here for spares... :rolleyes:
It's crazy, I know... :p

Any body have a recommendation of where to buy an I1 in the UK? I'm in East Sussex, but anywhere in UK would be fine. I would prefer if dealer was a certified DJI repair shop as well . . .

Yep "first person view", they are based in Brighton, great customer service. Although they are not a DJI repair center, not aware of anyone that is yet.

I have both P3 professional and Inspire 1. I use P3 for quick setups within tight areas where flight speed is not necessary

i like B&H photo video NY 30 day returns

I've had a phantom 3 on loan for a couple of weeks now and it's very impressive. Due to the lighter weight It does feel less locked in than the Inspire when flying but I've found I can achieve similar results. The best thing by far about the P3 for me is that in some ways it feels less fragile than the Inspire and less dangerous, if that makes sense.

The big positive is that it's much better suited to flying in tighter spaces, that has a downside though as it's very tempting to be more adventurous with it... ooh, I wonder if I could fly through that! :)

I've had a phantom 3 on loan for a couple of weeks now and it's very impressive. Due to the lighter weight It does feel less locked in than the Inspire when flying but I've found I can achieve similar results. The best thing by far about the P3 for me is that in some ways it feels less fragile than the Inspire and less dangerous, if that makes sense.

The big positive is that it's much better suited to flying in tighter spaces, that has a downside though as it's very tempting to be more adventurous with it... ooh, I wonder if I could fly through that! :)
Less fragile..less dangerous...less costly to repair...less pit at the bottom of your stomach knowing that if it crashes you can repair it instead of sending it off to DJI land for 6-8 weeks like the inspire.

I have both. I have been without a case for a week and what I have found is that I am hiking places carrying my inspire in my hand and gear in a backpack when I actually have a GPC backpack for the P3. I didn't think I'd like the Inspire THAT much better but it has kept my P3 in brand new, shelf-like condition. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk