Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Does Drone Base pay?

The only way to make any $ is to skip my Verifly insurance, which I will not never ever do. DB needs to increase the % for pilots...soon.

Who-The-Hell-Is-Here, NJ. I s that near Why, AZ?

I've heard that "Why, AZ" it's not too far from there, figuratively speaking. Yes, as it's constructed now, it's not a win-win situation. This is the debate I've had with them. They're only screwing themselves...

Yeah, it's not hard... my problem has always been the legality of it (your mileage may vary, I'm in the NYC area). Technically, with something like DronePano and a DJI Inspire or Phantom, should be brain-dead easy and fairly quick.

Reactions: Lovenpain
Yeah, it's not hard... my problem has always been the legality of it (your mileage may vary, I'm in the NYC area). Technically, with something like DronePano and a DJI Inspire or Phantom, should be brain-dead easy and fairly quick.

Well there is an Airfore Base next to me. But I try not to fly near it. Is DronePano an app? iOS store I only see dronepan.

Well there is an Airfore Base next to me. But I try not to fly near it. Is DronePano an app? iOS store I only see dronepan.

Yes, I've used DronePan. Just beware, last time I used it, it left my Inspire in a cockeyed azimuth orientation after shooting and as I was setting down the bird, it was off center from its landing point. A tree strike and four months of sheer utter hell with DJI support ensued. (My fault, but just beware!)

Yes, I've used DronePan. Just beware, last time I used it, it left my Inspire in a cockeyed azimuth orientation after shooting and as I was setting down the bird, it was off center from its landing point. A tree strike and four months of sheer utter hell with DJI support ensued. (My fault, but just beware!)

Well I'll do my research on a better panoramic type app for my hardware. But thank you for sharing your experience and mishaps. You helped me make the decision to try it out. I wanted to hear someone that actually had done it and what approaches you took and take in pursuing the "missions" relating to Drone Base.
On another note. When I got my drone setup used, I noticed the right of it, or if your facing it directly, the left of it. The landing has a positive cambered state. Basically it faces in a little. Unlike the other side is perfectly flat with the surface. It doesn't hinder the flight nor taking off or landing. But is there a way to adjust it? I've only owned this drone for almost a month. So sorry for the newbie questions. Lol

DronePan is perfectly fine, I'm not denigrating it at all, just be aware of your orientation when landing. As for "cambered landing", this is likely dependent upon exactly what drone you're flying. Most of my hours are with the Inspire V1.

DronePan is perfectly fine, I'm not denigrating it at all, just be aware of your orientation when landing. As for "cambered landing", this is likely dependent upon exactly what drone you're flying. Most of my hours are with the Inspire V1.

Mine is the Inspire 1 v2.0
d318c8c7f2c0fb2c8d3abfc3aaf37a40.png

Same here (Inspire 1 V2), my problem was only that I wasn't fully aware of the orientation as I landed and attempted to correct for an obstacle (75 foot pine tree). I was coming down from 400ft AGL and my front and back were mixed up. Not DronePan's fault (although it would be nice if it put the aircraft in the same orientation as when it started taking control of the aircraft, AHEM, COUGH COUGH). The result was not pretty, broken X5R gimbal (ouch), two snapped props, but moral of the story -- ALWAYS know the orientation of your Inspire as you maneuver, using an app like DronePan, or not.

A bit confused here. Will DronePan work with Inspire 1, Inspire 1 Pro w/ X5, Inspire 1 Pro with X3, or Phantom 3?

As far as I know, it's agnostic but have only used with my platforms, namely Inspire 1 V2 and it works great (aside from my pilot error). I intend to take it for a spin with my custom v-tail X8 with a Nava2 when the weather quits.

As far as I know, it's agnostic but have only used with my platforms, namely Inspire 1 V2 and it works great (aside from my pilot error). I intend to take it for a spin with my custom v-tail X8 with a Nava2 when the weather quits.
So far I tried Inspire 1 Pro and P3P it only takes pics along the vertical axis, will not yaw the camera...

Yep, no hate on DronePan, my crunch was my fault. DroneBase could use some sage advice, however (just my humble opinion, don't hate me because I'm beautiful, etc).

Well you and I can agree that the current regs are overwrought -- to give an example. I got pinched by a PA park ranger last fall for flying my drone in a State Game Preserve. He was nice enough about it, especially after I pointed to the "rules and regs" sign right behind me that said nothing about drones. He proceeded to tell me it was a new law passed by the state legislature a month ago and they didn't have time yet to update all the signs. He then proceeded to preach to the choir about the difference between "launch and land" and "flying" -- e.g. I can't launch nor land within state parks ... but if I go over "THERE" [he points] outside of park land boundaries I can launch and land from there, and fly anywhere I want, because anything in the air is FAA jurisdiction. Now, this is nice -- but it's also stupid. All this does is encourage people to fly beyond visual line of sight. If I launched where he pointed, and I shot the waterfall that I shot, I would have been completely BVLOS. Perverse incentives yield perverse results.

As for the $10M insurance policy, hell, we put on 5-day 25-band show in Sturgis with helicopters, super technocranes, and 20 camera positions. And we served BEER. To PISSED-OFF BIKERS (Axl Rose was late, my boss got hit in the back of the head with a beer bottle, etc). $5M policy.

Soooo your hiring then??!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont