Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Does the props sit tight on the mount (QR system)?

Reaction score
Hi,

Sorry to bother with this but I prefer to ask just in case.

When you are testing the props in place previous every flight, are all four perfectly tight (no movement when testing)? or it's completely normal to have a very little movement on two of them? I have two perfect tight and two with some minimal movement (the two with the dot).

What is your experience guys?

Hi,

Sorry to bother with this but I prefer to ask just in case.

When you are testing the props in place previous every flight, are all four perfectly tight (no movement when testing)? or it's completely normal to have a very little movement on two of them? I have two perfect tight and two with some minimal movement (the two with the dot).

What is your experience guys?
My props are exactly the same as yours, if you inspect the bottom of the props you will see a slight difference in them

Reactions: Hercules_One
Very small movement in all props but no problem at all.I will replace the quickmounts on the ESC after 35/40 hrs just in case.It's no work at all and price is not that much.Once there is wear it will be more.So I stay on the safe side.

Reactions: Hercules_One
Strange I also have a small movement on the two with the white point. However I had a jello problem (not proven that it was from the props) that disappeared after I fixed screws and changed props tough they still have little movement now but less then before.

I discovered that also one screw was less then 0,5nm but it didnt fall out was just not very tight.

Anyway I try T-Motor 14x4.8 props now, I just have no good feeling with the QR props plastic mounts. DJI says its safe but did they make a long term test of their material?

Strange I also have a small movement on the two with the white point. However I had a jello problem (not proven that it was from the props) that disappeared after I fixed screws and changed props tough they still have little movement now but less then before.

I discovered that also one screw was less then 0,5nm but it didnt fall out was just not very tight.

Anyway I try T-Motor 14x4.8 props now, I just have no good feeling with the QR props plastic mounts. DJI says its safe but did they make a long term test of their material?
They recommend to change the props after 200 flights, I would change the mounts at that point too, they are quite inexpensive from DJI.

They recommand to check both parts after 200 flights. All my propellers and mounts are still ok this was not the problem. The mounts are the parts which gets worn and may need to be exchanged after some time.

I know DJI don't like the alloy CNC machined ones, but I've replaced mine with the machined ones, and put a set of the plastic ones aside as spares. I recall that there is some very slight movement on them, but not 100% sure. I will check when I get home.
I've also just purchased the carbon-fibre reinforced props, and am looking forward to trying them, except they don't have a white dot, which I find very frustrating, so I've put a tiny dot of white paint smack in the centre of the prop to try to avoid any balance issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide