Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Downed inspire

Reaction score
i flew my inspire yesterday and after take off at 38 feet one of the blades came off and it went in the water!!!!! Does anyone know if these are repairable this is my first issue and got no clue
It was not damaged in the fall but I'm sure the water messed up,the electronics.
Thanks for any help

What type of propellers are you running? As for the inspire, let it dry, don't touch it for a week.

It's a version 2 so it has the twist lock kind
I checked them twice and they were locked

i flew my inspire yesterday and after take off at 38 feet one of the blades came off and it went in the water!!!!! Does anyone know if these are repairable this is my first issue and got no clue
It was not damaged in the fall but I'm sure the water messed up,the electronics.
Thanks for any help
What type of water did it go into? Salt water usually means death to a inspire or most drones for that matter. Salt water is extreamly conductive compared to fresh water and can start the corrosion process immediately. If it was fresh water then maybe there's a chance it may survive. Make sure the battery is removed and place the bird in a box with a bag of rice exposed. This will help speed up the drying process. The camera and the battery probably won't survive as most of them don't no matter what type of water it went into.
Good Luck!

It was saltwater could I send it back and get it redone or chunk it in the trash.
Well, it would not be worth repairing unless you could prove that the prop coming off was defective and file a claim with DJI. If not, you could part it out.
Many of the frame parts have value to them and in some cases, you could make back enough to cover at least half of what you paid for it. You could sell the controller, charger, case and what ever extras you have on EBay or here in the classified section of this forum. There is a high demand for the air frame parts as they won't have suffered the water damage. I.E. Landing gear, Arm struts, arms etc. anything carbon fiber and body plastics.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
And people wonder why I stay with threaded props and prop locks!
Sorry to hear about your mishap but this simply could never have happened with the original I1 threaded system and prop locks in place.

It's hard to imagine the pilot not properly securing these since they are very binary: either the lock is engaged or not but I suppose it's possible.

Regardless. It's is literally the FIRST thing I did when I got my Pro: remove the DJI prop hubs and props and throw them out as "hazardous waste".

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456762470.952046.jpg

E-gads! I fly over saltwater A LOT---all the time! With that said, I do hover the i1 about 8-10' off the ground before every flight! Do a HARD left. right, back, forward, spin clockwise and counter clockwise and check it before I go out in never never land. My hopes is, "IF" something is going to happen, it will take place right in front of me. Might just dig those threaded props out of the trash anyway.... Sell the parts!

It's hard to imagine the pilot not properly securing these since they are very binary: either the lock is engaged or not but I suppose it's possible.

Regardless. It's is literally the FIRST thing I did when I got my Pro: remove the DJI prop hubs and props and throw them out as "hazardous waste".

View attachment 6952
What's the process to remove those puppies?

I always double check to see if they are locked. I too was finishing a flight the other day and noticed when taking the blades off that one was half-way secure. It was not so when I launched it. Keep in mind I did multiple flights (5 batteries). There may be an issue with the locking mechanism in these newer craft. I doubt DJI would do anything about it if the prop did come off due to their faulty design.

View attachment 6952
Damon
The image you posted has got my attention. I have followed DJI's Instructions regarding prop upgrades, although I did use the third party alloy hubs during the period of quick release props. I obtained and fitted the latest locking ones as per your image. The writing on my "motor plate" is different to yours. What is also different and worrying is what looks like 2 sheared off screws in the threaded holes in the "motor plate". After reading this thread I undid the 8 screws holding the locking mechanisms in place and all looked fine (I left my non-destructive testing rig at work). Did yours actually break at some stage? Was it caused by an accident or did the prop, presumably still attached to the locking mechanism come off in flight? I am tempted to return to the original threaded props and prop locks as per the Editor's comment. This will mean I can get back to prop and hub balancing . Thanks in anticipation.

Thanks. Assume for a moment I'm a total moron with an IQ as high as my shoe size....could u be a bit more specific? o_O
Look at Damon's pic above, undo the two hex screws, lift off the locking plate, then the securing spring. Vacuum out any remaining blue loctite compound out of the holes.
Job done. :)

Very sorry to hear of your loss :(

Are those adapters just screwed on or do they have something pinning them on ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84