Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Downed inspire

Correct. Just hand tighten.
Damon

I don't want to appear too careful, but I would like to confirm what I believe you are saying. The image below is of my mounting plates without my current 1345T Quick-Release Propellers etc in place
plates.jpg

I am tempted to order the carbon fiber props from TMotor (14x4.8 for aerial photography, or 13x4.4 for agility/sport/R&D) you mentioned above. I will then need 4 alloy plates from Lynh Phan. I then simply attached the props to the alloy plates with the screws provided and hand tighten these onto the threaded bolts as per my image above. Plumber's tape for extra security.

Many thanks in anticipation

Reactions: damoncooper
Damon

I don't want to appear too careful, but I would like to confirm what I believe you are saying. The image below is of my mounting plates without my current 1345T Quick-Release Propellers etc in place
View attachment 7015

I am tempted to order the carbon fiber props from TMotor (14x4.8 for aerial photography, or 13x4.4 for agility/sport/R&D) you mentioned above. I will then need 4 alloy plates from Lynh Phan. I then simply attached the props to the alloy plates with the screws provided and hand tighten these onto the threaded bolts as per my image above. Plumber's tape for extra security.

Many thanks in anticipation

Correct but plumbers tape not necessary. One drop of Loctite blue on each screw that goes through t-motor top plate through prop and into adapter.

Damon hooked me up my orders are on the way. The adapters come out of Pa. And I got the props from eBay.i should have it setup by the end of the week. Damon also hooked me up with a install video.thanks brother D for all your help spending my money lol

Reactions: damoncooper
Yeah he said further up:
Thanks Damon, That wasn't so clear for me, could be i1 v2 or the 2nd iteration prop, that is 1345S, hence my question. But I guess you are right. This one is for me the firt blatant failure of these props, do you know any other one?

i flew my inspire yesterday and after take off at 38 feet one of the blades came off and it went in the water!!!!! Does anyone know if these are repairable this is my first issue and got no clue
It was not damaged in the fall but I'm sure the water messed up,the electronics.
Thanks for any help
I have read of a few instances where this is happened and guys have given them a couple of days to dry out and they start up and fly. Was it fresh or salt water that makes a big difference on how you're going to dry them out. Another issue you're going to be faced with is how long was it in the water before you recovered it, I think that's the biggest issue, the longer in the water the more invasion.

Yeah he said further up:

I bought the I1-V2 recently with the new twist lock. I noticed right from the first flight that the 'white' coded props locked tight & snug, but the 'red' coded props are a bit sloppy, you can actually feel some play in the red lock(s). I am concerned. Saw a video where a guy screws the props right on to the motor every time out because he doesn't trust the system.

I don't want to completely get your hopes up, but after filing a thorough accident report and sharing my flight data with DJI via the app's flight recorder, DJI assumed liability and covered the cost of some serious repairs needed to my Inspire. Literally 48 hours after first receiving my Inspire, I took off, hovered to do an in-air check, then slowly gained altitude. At about 100 ft. up, I turned out and over a field, where a few seconds into the forward flight the bird began spinning wildly and drove itself into the ground, snapping one carbon fiber arm off and breaking the camera gimbal in two places. Some serious damage. They didn't say, but I believe they've been having issues with their quick-lock props. Your water landing may prove to change the outcome via DJI, but I'd say it's definitely worth filing a report and sharing your flight data. Get in contact with customer support and they'll get you started. Hope everything works out!

Reactions: Hercules_One
I'm just not sure they can get the quality of their props and hubs high enough to completely nail it.

Hence, I have opted for s insanely expensive but extremely high quality 3rd party solution. DJI makes good aircraft and motors but their props and hubs leave a lot to be desired quality-wise in my mind.

It's good they are covering under warranty though. Even if it may be twice like the poster dashworth above :(

The best deal online for carbon fiber props and the adapters is on www.goodluckbuy.com SKU113699 you get 4 carbon fiber props & the adapters for $67.87 shipped to your door. I am just giving forum members a cheaper way if they want to do the upgrade. I have the $200.00 adapters I think for what I get they are way over priced for what you get. And $157.00 for T-motor props some were someone's making to much profit.i ordered the 67.87 set up. For the money you can't get hurt.

So let me get this straight: to get away from the crappy DJI manufacture quality problems and cheap props and hubs....

you don't want to spend money on a high quality replacement

so you are going to buy crappy 3rd party manufactured and low quality cheap props and hubs

Just making sure I got that right :)

It does not take a rocket scientist to cut and drill a couple holes in a peice of aluminum and that's a fact. There is also a German company setting them. Guess who makes some of the best medal (Gremans) I own a few of their knives. I have a link for the company.

Let's use the instapak for reference it took them guys almost 4 months of developing it I know I was a pre-order the price $259.00 well worth the money. I also own one. But $200.00 for 4 prices of aluminum no way it could not have taken to long to figure it out when a company in Germany can manufacture the same thing for 37. Euros you guys do the math

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 34

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips