Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Downed inspire

Let's use the instapak for reference it took them guys almost 4 months of developing it I know I was a pre-order the price $259.00 well worth the money. I also own one. But $200.00 for 4 prices of aluminum no way it could not have taken to long to figure it out when a company in Germany can manufacture the same thing for 37. Euros you guys do the math

Just be sure they have accounted for harmonic resonance or you can end up with a cracked motor mount (I've seen examples) or jello in your video or both. Google carbon fiber prop oscillations. Especially if using CF props without a corkwood or similar core. (T-Motors have this, cheaper props don't).

Look he has no patent or patent pending or there wound be numbers on them. Matter a fact they look beefer than others I have looked at.you think if someone's motor burns out he will cover the repair of your machine when it crashes. I don't think so.everything that's not patented is aftermarket.

Power parts-Uav.de
Nice thnx,
Anyone did a test if these T-m prop's get more airtime...i still have a few sets 14x48.
is it normal? the interax of the holes i t motors is 12mm and in the props it's 13mm...

Regarding the Loctite, it's not realy made for screwing on&off , so watch out for crumbling once the Loctite gets older.
Also, apply only little amount; not a blob but just filling the filament. [more Loctite doesn't mean tighter]
Careful with the kind of Loctite (blue=medium & pink=light), i use the Loctite 561 (the Pritt Stick -like package)

Nice thnx,
Anyone did a test if these T-m prop's get more airtime...i still have a few sets 14x48.
is it normal? the interax of the holes i t motors is 12mm and in the props it's 13mm...

Regarding the Loctite, it's not realy made for screwing on&off , so watch out for crumbling once the Loctite gets older.
Also, apply only little amount; not a blob but just filling the filament. [more Loctite doesn't mean tighter]
Careful with the kind of Loctite (blue=medium & pink=light), i use the Loctite 561 (the Pritt Stick -like package)

Only apply loctite to the adapters if using the LP adapters.

The prop + top plate + adapter unit spins on and off without using screws each flight.

If you are using a solution that requires screwing the props onto adapters then into the motor bell, I guess you'd want to use loctite but getting that gunk into the motor is probably a very bad idea.

Last edited:
Let's use the instapak for reference it took them guys almost 4 months of developing it I know I was a pre-order the price $259.00 well worth the money. I also own one. But $200.00 for 4 prices of aluminum no way it could not have taken to long to figure it out when a company in Germany can manufacture the same thing for 37. Euros you guys do the math

Yeah, i've ordered the set from Lynh and the price is ridiculous even if he put some rocketscience in it. And then...

DSC_8118.jpg DSC_8037.jpg

.. let's have some fun with it :)

Chris

Yeah, i've ordered the set from Lynh and the price is ridiculous even if he put some rocketscience in it. And then...

View attachment 7114 View attachment 7115

.. let's have some fun with it :)

Chris
Lol there's a German company that makes them and shows the Machine milling them pretty nice setup at powerparts-Uva. de they have a video making their prop adapters and @ 37 euros great price

Lol there's a German company that makes them and shows the Machine milling them pretty nice setup at powerparts-Uva. de they have a video making their prop adapters and @ 37 euros great price

Found them. They look pretty cheap designed, the screws look out of the upper plate, they are not marked with a cw or ccw etc.. I would still buy the ones from Lynh.

Chris

Now as a newbie & already crashed at the repair cost of €977 still awaiting return of Inspire 1 from workshop of DJI,
To say I am nervous about my props.........!!!! & they are on just a diagonally rotating catch which seem very easy to switch with your fingers.
Any opinion on this guys please.
Is there a washer or something that could be placed on the mounting plate so it's tighter.

Cheers,

That is a fabulous piece of video information. When I get mine back that is the first thing I am going to do..
Thank you very much.

Just can't believe the props thing is still an issue with the inspires.....Just been flying the thing and not been on forums in a while and now all i see is people having issue with the I1 PRO/new style locks...this is crazy...is DJI going to ever fix this!?

sorry for your loss , you probably had the same issue I just found

Thanks for the video, seems like a good piece of DIY advice!

Although my Pro came with extremely tight clips... one of the clip felt so tight that I can't get it off after the shoot (numbness and cold hands could have something to do with it of course...

The TMotor props you can get anywhere. Get 14x4.8 for aerial photography, or 13x4.4 for agility/sport/R&D.

The adapters I use are here:

Lynh Phan Global Industries

I have no affiliation and receive no remuneration of any kind. Just a happy customer.

Hi Damon, Editor,

Just saw this thread and got quite worried about my v2 props (although instead of feeling too loose they are extremely tight to a point that almost don't feel right if you know what I mean...)

I thought with both of your brain power and connections you might be able to point me to a UK seller for a potential screw on solution, CF TMotor or decent alternatives. I've got an important job coming up in a week time (its pretty much make or break my aerial part of career) just need them to be secure and don't f*** up...! Best if I can get the alternative solution before the weekend, or maybe I'm asking too much and have to do with what I've got for now... FYI I don't feel like there is a problem with the v2 props and clips I've got at the moment, but obviously the more you read the more you worry haha.

Thanks and advance guys and good day!

Thanks for the video, seems like a good piece of DIY advice!

Although my Pro came with extremely tight clips... one of the clip felt so tight that I can't get it off after the shoot (numbness and cold hands could have something to do with it of course...

The odd thing is that so were my props, it's just lately the issue surfaced.

Hi Damon, Editor,

Just saw this thread and got quite worried about my v2 props (although instead of feeling too loose they are extremely tight to a point that almost don't feel right if you know what I mean...)

I thought with both of your brain power and connections you might be able to point me to a UK seller for a potential screw on solution, CF TMotor or decent alternatives. I've got an important job coming up in a week time (its pretty much make or break my aerial part of career) just need them to be secure and don't f*** up...! Best if I can get the alternative solution before the weekend, or maybe I'm asking too much and have to do with what I've got for now... FYI I don't feel like there is a problem with the v2 props and clips I've got at the moment, but obviously the more you read the more you worry haha.

Thanks and advance guys and good day!
Hi Jacky,
There are various options like the route Damon has gone with adapters and CF props or as I have done, stay with the original version threaded props and prop locks (redundancy).
If you need something by the weekend you may struggle with Damon's solution as I doubt you will get the adapters sourced from a UK supplier.
Also bear in mind by changing to full CF props, you may find slightly different 'feel' or handling characteristics which I would imagine you would want to get used to before an important shoot. Gains may also need adjusting/tuning to your liking.
My advice is always if you have an important job just round the corner, stay with what you know, don't change anything (especially firmware :eek:) until after that big job is out of the way. THEN have a play and dabble and experiment but never risk swapping or upgrading days before a shoot.

OK, so now I'm curious.....what's the big job and....is it down the road from me?

Hi Jacky,
There are various options like the route Damon has gone with adapters and CF props or as I have done, stay with the original version threaded props and prop locks (redundancy).
If you need something by the weekend you may struggle with Damon's solution as I doubt you will get the adapters sourced from a UK supplier.
Also bear in mind by changing to full CF props, you may find slightly different 'feel' or handling characteristics which I would imagine you would want to get used to before an important shoot. Gains may also need adjusting/tuning to your liking.
My advice is always if you have an important job just round the corner, stay with what you know, don't change anything (especially firmware :eek:) until after that big job is out of the way. THEN have a play and dabble and experiment but never risk swapping or upgrading days before a shoot.

OK, so now I'm curious.....what's the big job and....is it down the road from me?
Thanks for the advice, you are right I think that's exactly what I am going to do, sticking with what I've got and if it does come loose I'll just use the T&S method (toilet paper and scissors) which I think it'll work pretty well shown on Hits9Nine's video (thanks for that mate). The firmware side of things I always found it a pain to deal with... but at least most productions will provide me with default camera settings that suits their editing needs rather than free for all.

No not in the UK, although Im back for a few days of meetings, then off to China filming in the mountains for the B(BEE)C. As all their in house productions know one and other - if you f*** up, that's that with them pretty much lol... no pressure at all!!!

On a side note I kept meaning to do your training programme but still not got round to it... I think I've just missed the April sessions ****... will keep an eye out though and get some training at some point, thanks for providing that buddy!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phuketdivecenter