Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Downgrade from 1.9 to 1.8

Reaction score
Let me start off by saying that Ive searched the site and read through many threads regarding how to downgrade software, Ive tried everything & nothing works. So please don't bite my head off with sarcastic remarks.
Ive tried the basic; copying 1.8 to a freshly formatted sd card, nothing happens, no downgrade. Then i read that some people on Macs have issues (I'm on a Mac,) so i used my office pc to copy the 1.8 onto an sd card, took it home, nothing happens. Then i tried holding the red button behind the nose during power-up, releasing button to FORCE UPDATE (with transmitter off obv., nothing happens.)
For reference I'm on a Pro Black edition. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Let me start off by saying that Ive searched the site and read through many threads regarding how to downgrade software, Ive tried everything & nothing works. So please don't bite my head off with sarcastic remarks.
Ive tried the basic; copying 1.8 to a freshly formatted sd card, nothing happens, no downgrade. Then i read that some people on Macs have issues (I'm on a Mac,) so i used my office pc to copy the 1.8 onto an sd card, took it home, nothing happens. Then i tried holding the red button behind the nose during power-up, releasing button to FORCE UPDATE (with transmitter off obv., nothing happens.)
For reference I'm on a Pro Black edition. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
OK, seems like you have tried most things however......
Did you format the card on the PC and not just copy the unzipped bin file over?
My preferred method is actually to format the card in the aircraft then transfer the card over to the PC and copy the firmware bin file to the root directory.
Doing it this way ensures the correct folder hierarchy is set up on the MicroSD card prior to attempting the update (downgrade).
You are correct in saying that problems have been observed using a Mac to copy/format the cards so stay away from them to rule that out.
One final thing - have you tried a different card?

Reactions: John Archer
I had a similar problem with my I1Pro. Turns out I was using the wrong link on the firmware - d'oh! Somehow I ended up on the plain ol Inspire-1 page, not the I1Pro-Raw page (which has separate links for the Pro vs Raw). I was just typing in the dji URL and then going straight to the downloads section, so didn't notice that the Inspire-1 link was being offered first on both the Mac and Windows machines I was using (to pull my hair out).

If you've been through FW updates before, you may already be tuned in to the different pages, so this may not be your problem, but just wanted to offer it up.

Reactions: John Archer
This is so frustrating! Before I launch myself or the Inspire 1 or the Z3 can anyone give a definitive procedure to downgrade the Inspire 1 firmware from 1.9 to 1.8 so that I can use the Z3 without that bloody awful lag and break-up? It is a 2 week old Inspire 1 v2 with the X5 absorption bracket.

I have tried the suggestions from The Editor - used the micro Sd card that came with the Inspire, formatted it in the I1, used my neighbours Windows 10 machine to download the 1.8 firmware for the I1 (checking that it was for the I1 and not the Pro, etc.), put it into the camera, turned it on, the I1 initialised then .....silence - no beeps, nada! Did the same with a different card - again - nada!

Any help? PS I have been told form a dealer techie that DJI are releasing firmware updates for the Inspire 1 in the next 3 days and for the Phantom 4 a few days later but they only notify their engineers of firmware arrival, not the release notes. I only hope that this update has addressed the Z3 problem so many of us are experiencing.

This is so frustrating! Before I launch myself or the Inspire 1 or the Z3 can anyone give a definitive procedure to downgrade the Inspire 1 firmware from 1.9 to 1.8 so that I can use the Z3 without that bloody awful lag and break-up? It is a 2 week old Inspire 1 v2 with the X5 absorption bracket.

I have tried the suggestions from The Editor - used the micro Sd card that came with the Inspire, formatted it in the I1, used my neighbours Windows 10 machine to download the 1.8 firmware for the I1 (checking that it was for the I1 and not the Pro, etc.), put it into the camera, turned it on, the I1 initialised then .....silence - no beeps, nada! Did the same with a different card - again - nada!

Any help? PS I have been told form a dealer techie that DJI are releasing firmware updates for the Inspire 1 in the next 3 days and for the Phantom 4 a few days later but they only notify their engineers of firmware arrival, not the release notes. I only hope that this update has addressed the Z3 problem so many of us are experiencing.
From what I been reading, you can't downgrade from 1.9 to 1.8 on the z3; you have to do it with the x3. I tired to do it on my z3 and had the same results you experienced...I'm hoping a fix is in the works because it's been some time..:

From what I been reading, you can't downgrade from 1.9 to 1.8 on the z3; you have to do it with the x3. I tired to do it on my z3 and had the same results you experienced...I'm hoping a fix is in the works because it's been some time..:
Yes I just posted this information in response to the question a while ago, is that what you are referring to?

Reactions: BCF
Hi ..... put a clients SD card in my inspire 1 pro x5 camera without knowing that it had X3 firmware on it.... cant see a image on my screen now. Really big job on tomorrow and I cant figure out how to downgrade the aircraft firm ware. absolute nightmare ... everything I try does not work. When clicking on the app it sure a inspire with a x3 and does not give me a option to select the pro x5. I can only think that the aircraft has the latest firmware on it but it messed up the camera firmware as it thinks there's a x3 on it.

Hi ..... put a clients SD card in my inspire 1 pro x5 camera without knowing that it had X3 firmware on it.... cant see a image on my screen now. Really big job on tomorrow and I cant figure out how to downgrade the aircraft firm ware. absolute nightmare ... everything I try does not work. When clicking on the app it sure a inspire with a x3 and does not give me a option to select the pro x5. I can only think that the aircraft has the latest firmware on it but it messed up the camera firmware as it thinks there's a x3 on it.

X3 fw would not downgrade an X5 camera or craft.

What colour is the tail LED with everything on ?

RC led colour ?

Can you post the RC fw version ? You should be able to enter camera view by manually selecting I1 Pro from the drop down list.

Then

Download the latest fw for your craft and X5 from DJI, place it on a freshly formatted SD card and try to update

Once done post the hidden log file located in the MISC\LOG folder on the SD card created after the update

You will need to enable view hidden files on your PC to see this file.

Please post the contents of that log here after you have tried the update.

Reactions: vjmacjnr

RC led colour ?

Can you post the RC fw version ? You should be able to enter camera view by manually selecting I1 Pro from the drop down list.

Then

Download the latest fw for your craft and X5 from DJI, place it on a freshly formatted SD card and try to update

Once done post the hidden log file located in the MISC\LOG folder on the SD card created after the update

Wont update firmware. Just flashing yellow. When in app it says camera N/A in the about section which tells you aircraft /rc firmware currently installed. Not sure how to show hidden files.

RC led colour ?

Then

When everything on inspire flashing green 2 blinks. and RC solid green. Won't let me select drop down menu anymore to select pro only shows a picture of inspire 1 with x3. When you click camera you can move gimbal but not enter menu on camera. also says no signal at top in red

When everything on inspire flashing green 2 blinks. and RC solid green. Won't let me select drop down menu anymore to select pro only shows a picture of inspire 1 with x3. When you click camera you can move gimbal but not enter menu on camera. also says no signal at top in red

Delete the DJI Go App, reboot your smart device and Download the App again that tell us what it's doing.

You PC or Mac for the hidden file ?

This may help on finding the log

Delete the DJI Go App, reboot your smart device and Download the App again that tell us what it's doing.

You PC or Mac for the hidden file ?

This may help on finding the log

Its PC.... deleted, rebooted app. Still same just shows a inspire 1 with a x3 no drop down to select PRO or RAW. Viewed hidden file and there is nothing there but the firmware BIN file.

This is just X5 correct ?

Try the craft with out camera fitted, you should be able to enter the camera screen as a standard Inspire and see the fw versions

This is just X5 correct ?

Try the craft with out camera fitted, you should be able to enter the camera screen as a standard Inspire and see the fw versions
yes just standard X5. When load app the X3 inspire 1 picture just shows. no drop down. firmware all up to date but camera still says N/A

yes just standard X5. When load app the X3 inspire 1 picture just shows. no drop down. firmware all up to date but camera still says N/A

What device is this ?

Do you have another to try that use you have used before ?

Also have you tried another USB cable

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44