Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Downunder - How many of us are there?

Reaction score
Good to see Australia got a mention in the Regional Meet Ups. For a few days I have been clinking on the link but not sure what I was expecting to see. I thought I would take the plunge post a simple thread as a way of introduction. Hopefully our beloved editor will not shift the thread to "Introductions". For a POM he seems like a good bloke.

I have been flying for nearly 3 years (Phantom 1, 2 and for the last 15 months an Inspire 1). This is entirely a hobby and I have no real interest in getting my license. I see myself as an amateur photographer and videographer and the I1 is a great way to enhance my limited skills by getting a different perspective on interesting places.

I have posted a few videos on Vimeo of some of my I1 footage. If you are interested try:

and

I live in Balwyn, Melbourne and often fly out in the Yarra Valley. Happy to catch up for a chat and fly etc.

Fellow Aussie here. In Canberra.
Mostly an FPV equipped old P2, and now an Inspire 1 for the last 12 months.
Hold a UCC, and shoot for a UOC holder "Overall Photography" which basically makes it a paid hobby. Hell, I'd go fly just for fun, so going and flying with a bit of money paid as well is just a bonus.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Aussi/kiwi in Sydney northern beaches. I have an inspire 1pro, phantom 3 Pro, Blade QX350 and various homebuilts. I have a PPL and UOC licence. Keen to network

Brisbane here. a pretty huge range of birds over the last few years. Home design and builts, some TBS stuff (discovery and discovery endurance) a handful of horizon hobby drones, a couple of phantoms and the Inspire at the top of the chain as far as quadcopters go.
into a bit of personal photography and video but mainly in the development and training area

Hey from brissy also have a P3A & Inspire 1 I love flying them both, I'm just a hobbyist.

Good to see Australia got a mention in the Regional Meet Ups. For a few days I have been clinking on the link but not sure what I was expecting to see. I thought I would take the plunge post a simple thread as a way of introduction. Hopefully our beloved editor will not shift the thread to "Introductions". For a POM he seems like a good bloke.

I have been flying for nearly 3 years (Phantom 1, 2 and for the last 15 months an Inspire 1). This is entirely a hobby and I have no real interest in getting my license. I see myself as an amateur photographer and videographer and the I1 is a great way to enhance my limited skills by getting a different perspective on interesting places.

I have posted a few videos on Vimeo of some of my I1 footage. If you are interested try:

and

I live in Balwyn, Melbourne and often fly out in the Yarra Valley. Happy to catch up for a chat and fly etc.
Im in Perth and use my Inspire 1 Pro for tv production. I fly commercially. I also have aP3 but have just ordered the M600.

I am based Belconnen area and fly an Inspire 1 as well. Canberra Airport and Calvary Hospital Helipad generally take away my fun re flying local area. If I want to fly local I have to wait 20 working days for permissions which is quite a ridiculous wait... There's been a few times that weather is bad on the day or family life have intervened in those flying Windows. :(.

Anyhow that's the rules.

As I am an Archivist by profession I actually enjoy doing 360 panoramics (Inspirepano) and orbits of interesting developments and new suburb growth. All for personal interests and not for commercial purposes.

Have only been flying for 8 months but it has been rewarding.

Cheers.

SE Qld based
Hold CC & UOC plus trainer
Been in the industry fo 6 years
Use Inspires x3 & x5 for commercial work
Range of <25kg fixed wing and Taro multi rotors

image.jpeg North Perth here,you will love the inspire,sold my I1 x3 to a mate and have had the V2 Pro x5 for 5 or 6 months,snapped this with the 45mm lense a month or so back.

Reactions: AeroVisionz
Just jointed the group and am based in Wollongong NSW. Plan to get my licence when I get back from overseas. My new I1 arrives on Tuesday and hoping to film some battlefield remnants from WW2 as I am currently working in the Solomon Islands. Hope to eventually do some paid work, mainly in the aerial photography arena.

Hi guys,

My names Hayden and I'm a keen drone enthusiast looking to network in the Melbourne area.

Currently flying an inspire 1- pro and keen to meet up with anyone who has an eye for aerial photography and willing to share ideas!

Cheers,

Hayden

Hayden

I see you live in Melbourne and "looking to network" and "to share ideas". I posted the first message in this thread which detailed my interest in work as an amateur only and a few travel videos. Not sure what you are interested in, but I often fly with a friend (Phantom 4) and have a few open projects. These include:
compiling a "car video" see

and shots from around the Yarra Valley and The Heritage Golf courses

We are always happy to fly with others and explore the many photographic and video opportunities quad-copters provide. If you are interested in getting together I can be contacted via email [email protected]

David

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk