Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Downunder - How many of us are there?

Hi guys. Doing my RePL in a couple of weeks then I'll get onto doing my ReOC.
Currently in Melbourne's western burbs.
I've flown RC Helis years ago and this year I was a cameraman for a US reality show where I was also the drone pilot and loved it so I decided I'd do it at home....so I got an Inspire 1 v2 and love it...
Just wish this wind would bugger right off now!
Great stuff. Enjoy the course !

Hayden

I see you live in Melbourne and "looking to network" and "to share ideas". I posted the first message in this thread which detailed my interest in work as an amateur only and a few travel videos. Not sure what you are interested in, but I often fly with a friend (Phantom 4) and have a few open projects. These include:
compiling a "car video" see

and shots from around the Yarra Valley and The Heritage Golf courses

We are always happy to fly with others and explore the many photographic and video opportunities quad-copters provide. If you are interested in getting together I can be contacted via email [email protected]

David

Hey Dave/Hayden, it's Toan here from Kew. I've been flying just over a year on I1 (about 25hrs flight time). Got a new v.2 early this month. I've had a Controller Certificate sub 7kgs early this year, not looking for a CO lic just yet as I'm quite busy with my work and other family commitments at the moment, only for recreation for now. My "training ground" is around Yarra Bend park. So drop me a line too please if you want to catch up: [email protected]
Cheers

Reactions: stampy
Hi Peter,

Welcome. There are few aussies here. I don't get on all that much, but check regularly.

I am on the Gold Coast.

Cheers,

Darrin

Hey there everyone, Ric here, I am in Perth WA, I have a Mavic Pro an Inspire 1Pro with the X5 and the Z3 cameras and I have the Inspire 2 with the X5S, if you haven't already guessed I love these tools, I have a video business and 11 months ago I decided to get into the aerial side I have only done a couple of paid job as I have only started to try and do this full time, it there is anyone out there in the Perth area that wants to catch up and share some enthusiasm feel free to contact me.

Last edited:
Brad, Perth WA, Surveyor by day, currently operating a Inspire 1 with X5 camera. Keen to get in touch with other drone enthusiasts.

acNOpp8.jpg

Rey
Drone: Inspire 1

--------------------------------------

If anybody wants to meet up, go on trips to good locations, practice dual controller etc. I'm keen.

--------------------------------------

This Saturday (22nd April 2017) I have a friend who is doing what's called a King Swing from Mount Beerwah.
He attaches to one side of the sheer face under the overhang, then releases and swings.
Will be filming it with the Inspire but if anybody else is interested in joining to fly dual controller
with me or get another angle with their drone, would be interested in hearing from you.

Oh well, let me get in here too.

Melbourne/Hong Kong - Mavic, P4pro, Inspire 2. RePL, ReOC.

Any reputable Australian based public liability insurance? It seems INSANELY expensive compared to what I see overseas.

**** I figured as much. I'd love to be able to charge reasonable rates but, it's kinda insane. You up in Kilmore? we need to fly when I get back. I'm up north of the city, my family is GV based so always passing through your way. I'll look to the skies as I drive through! Our Inspires are practically brothers, or at least will grow up in the same hood. =)

Hi There
Sydney based. I started on the P3p two years ago and moved to the I1x5 about a year ago and now also have collected the Mavic pro as well. I love these machines and what they do. I had a PPL and a MPL and love anything to do with flying.
We use the UAV's for work mostly- we construct and maintain sports fields - and the software and hardware out there is so incredibly powerful that we are now able to do survey grade works using the Inspire1 and Aeropoints. These are SUCH powerful tools when combined with the right 3rd party products.
They give us a view of the works to be done, being done and completed that enables us to offer an effective and reliable check on our quality, pricing and outcome.
Always stick to the rules and always remember the saying "Rather be on the ground wishing you were in the air than in the air wishing you were on the ground"
Happy flying

I''m very similar. based in Perth. I started with P3P and moved on to an Inspire so i can fly better in windy conditions here in WA southwest. recently sold my P3P and got the mavic pro. in the process of getting a PPL. currently looking to move to a surveying company. friend has got a job using drone for inspections and i'm giving it a go.

Hi There
Sydney based. I started on the P3p two years ago and moved to the I1x5 about a year ago and now also have collected the Mavic pro as well. I love these machines and what they do. I had a PPL and a MPL and love anything to do with flying.
We use the UAV's for work mostly- we construct and maintain sports fields - and the software and hardware out there is so incredibly powerful that we are now able to do survey grade works using the Inspire1 and Aeropoints. These are SUCH powerful tools when combined with the right 3rd party products.
They give us a view of the works to be done, being done and completed that enables us to offer an effective and reliable check on our quality, pricing and outcome.
Always stick to the rules and always remember the saying "Rather be on the ground wishing you were in the air than in the air wishing you were on the ground"
Happy flying

Hi All - I feel like a bit of a fraud here as I'm Mavic owner only and I actually came across upon recommendation from the Mavic Pilots forum because I'm after some cinematography advice, but then I saw this Aus meetups thread and thought I'd stick my nose in. If anyone in the Brisbane is looking for a camera operator, please let me know. I'd love to get some time on an Inspire and happy to lend a hand.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engko