Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Downward Facing Marker Lights?

Reaction score
Hello All,
I'm a brand new Inspire owner (intro to come later), but I have a very basic question. And for the record, I've searched this everywhere and I have yet to find something useful. Anyway, I'm looking for the ability to add downward facing marker lights. When the Inspire is..... 400 ft up there, and your brand new to the DJI Go software, it's really easy to lose your orientation. It would be great if the red and green lights could project down. Does anyone know of anything I can do in order to add these?

Thanks,
Gabe

Hello All,
I'm a brand new Inspire owner (intro to come later), but I have a very basic question. And for the record, I've searched this everywhere and I have yet to find something useful. Anyway, I'm looking for the ability to add downward facing marker lights. When the Inspire is..... 400 ft up there, and your brand new to the DJI Go software, it's really easy to lose your orientation. It would be great if the red and green lights could project down. Does anyone know of anything I can do in order to add these?
Thanks,
Gabe
Maintaining situation awareness of your aircraft's orientation will only come with practice. I have recently added a Phantom 4 to my hangar and I am finding it difficult as an observer to achieve this even after a year's drone flying experience. Flying directly overhead at 400ft may not be advisable until you have learnt this skill. The DJI GO app is the best source of information to aid your situation awareness using the map and 'radar' display. I have 2 cycle strobe lights fitted to my I1 nose and tail to aid orientation at distance. It is important to avoid obstructions on the underside of the aircraft to avoid obstructing the VPS sensor and camera view.

Maintaining situation awareness of your aircraft's orientation will only come with practice. I have recently added a Phantom 4 to my hangar and I am finding it difficult as an observer to achieve this even after a year's drone flying experience. Flying directly overhead at 400ft may not be advisable until you have learnt this skill. The DJI GO app is the best source of information to aid your situation awareness using the map and 'radar' display. I have 2 cycle strobe lights fitted to my I1 nose and tail to aid orientation at distance. It is important to avoid obstructions on the underside of the aircraft to avoid obstructing the VPS sensor and camera view.
Thanks for the tips. I've been flying for about 6 months. However, I'm new to DJI and the Inspire one. I was just hoping there was such an add on. It sounds like the answer is "no, just be careful"..... Lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool