Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Drone Destination video series ~ Witness

Reaction score
Hi there, I live in Beautiful Vancouver Canada and have decided to showcase my city through aerial cinematography. I am just starting out but here are the finished results, edited to music. :)

All shot on an inspire 1 w/ Zenmuse x3
D-Log @ 1440p 24fps.

I'm hoping to shoot and post one of these a week showcasing various places that many people may not have the opportunity to travel to, giving them a taste of beautiful BC. And maybe in the future other places'

Anyway: enjoy! Like, Comment, Share, Subscribe!

Witness - Ambleside

Please let me know what you think in the comments of the video or on this thread post!

Hey there.... it's really nice to see pictures of my former home town.

Now for the bad news: you're breaking a bunch of laws: (I'm not sure if you're amateur, or commercially licensed.. but laws have different ways of being applied)
  • you're in controlled airspace with both videos you have posted. To fly them,you need either an SFOC, or you can fly under an exemption as long as you carry insurance, file NOTAMS, and and monitor AV radio.
  • As an amateur there are restrictions against flying over or within 150m of any grouping of buildings larger than a farm.
  • The fact that the videos on YouTube carry ads means that in the eyes of the law this is commercial, income generating product.
  • Transport Canada has been getting nasty about this stuff lately.

My suggestion: get commercially qualified and do it the legal way. You've got some real talent and a good eye. You might want to make a go of it professionally.

Hey there.... it's really nice to see pictures of my former home town.

Now for the bad news: you're breaking a bunch of laws: (I'm not sure if you're amateur, or commercially licensed.. but laws have different ways of being applied)
  • you're in controlled airspace with both videos you have posted. To fly them,you need either an SFOC, or you can fly under an exemption as long as you carry insurance, file NOTAMS, and and monitor AV radio.
  • As an amateur there are restrictions against flying over or within 150m of any grouping of buildings larger than a farm.
  • The fact that the videos on YouTube carry ads means that in the eyes of the law this is commercial, income generating product.
  • Transport Canada has been getting nasty about this stuff lately.

My suggestion: get commercially qualified and do it the legal way. You've got some real talent and a good eye. You might want to make a go of it professionally.

Hi pixl, thank you for taking the time to inform me. It seems I need to do more research into the area, my bad.
I'm not generating revenue from Ads, as my account is not monetized. I'll make sure to clear with TC in the future. As I'd like to continue making these, but only if i'm doing so legally. Thanks again, maybe we could private message more? I'd like to pick your brain.

and thank you for the compliments.

Regards,
Briggs.

Reactions: pixl45

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84