Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Drone insurance

Reaction score
If you are reading this post I am sure you have laid down a small fortune for your bird. I have an inspire pro with about every accessory that has been built for the inspire. I love the bird and never have had any issues with it, but GOD help me when the day comes that it crashes. Does anyone know of any insurance companies that cover the inspire. Any help would be appreciated for the horrible day that I am on this site telling all my quad copter friends about my not so pleasant experience. I just want to covered from an insureance standpoint. This is currently for personal use only as of now. Any help would be appreciated.

Does anyone know how much the..

inspire+X3
inspire+X5
inspire+X5R

Are to insure for commercial operation in the UK?

For the OP, DJI do their own insurance policy, take a look on their site....

If you are reading this post I am sure you have laid down a small fortune for your bird. I have an inspire pro with about every accessory that has been built for the inspire. I love the bird and never have had any issues with it, but GOD help me when the day comes that it crashes. Does anyone know of any insurance companies that cover the inspire. Any help would be appreciated for the horrible day that I am on this site telling all my quad copter friends about my not so pleasant experience. I just want to covered from an insureance standpoint. This is currently for personal use only as of now. Any help would be appreciated.
It would help of you said where you are located in the world since companies/rates differ considerably depending on where and what you are after.

Does anyone know how much the..

inspire+X3
inspire+X5
inspire+X5R

Are to insure for commercial operation in the UK?

For the OP, DJI do their own insurance policy, take a look on their site....
Extremely difficult to answer since there are so many factors to take into account on exactly what you want.

• Do you want liability AND Hull (aircraft) cover or liability only?
  • How much TP liab do you require - £1,£2,£5,10million etc?
  • Do you want cover for theft whilst left unattended in your vehicle?
  • Do you want worldwide excluding or including USA or UK cover only?
  • What is you estimated turnover per year (and thus average flight hours in a 12 month period)
However, what I would say is the cheapest option would probably be around £320 per annum up to £1,800-£2,000 and everything in between.
Like everything - shop around.
This has been covered before so if you do a search you will find threads that list UK Insurers that offer UAV cover.

My inspire is covered for the complete copter including the X3 with 1 million liability and replacement of the original cost of the inspire for about 1000 US. I have supplemental insurance for the X5 and what ever lens I am using at the time for about $ 250 extra.

So I contacted Joe and he said they only cover UAV's for business use currently. I am in the process of setting up a company so I am in luck. Either way he was very friendly and we are moving forward. Thank you for the help

Reactions: SanCap
So I contacted Joe and he said they only cover UAV's for business use currently. I am in the process of setting up a company so I am in luck. Either way he was very friendly and we are moving forward. Thank you for the help

Nice, did he mention anything on prices? I would hope they might be going down a bit.

Not yet, the prices are negotiated between the insureance company and you. Once you agree on a price that is your premium and deductible. We will see how it goes and I am hoping it is not too salty but we will find out.

I am covered for £5 million public liability through a UK company called aaduki multimedia insurance. After submitting my personal profile and experience, my negotiated cost per year is £463, but this does not cover aircraft damage. (not fully comprehensive). Two aircraft covered in my CAA PfAW Opps Manual - Inspire 1 Pro V2 and SkyJib X4 TiQR.

Consumer Priority Service (google them)

I think I paid about $200 for a 2 yr policy. You must be able to produce the drone (no fly always or thefts). $200 deductible.

You can try Hill & Usher, they can set you up with an underwriter (they are brokers). They can provide liability as well as hull insurance that includes water damage, theft and a few other things (for theft, you would have to provide a police report, FAA sUAS registration#, serial# and sales receipt). I'm currently paying 10% which is $100 per $1000 for the hull (includes anything to do with the drone like electronics, frame, etc.).
Liability depends on what you're doing and if you need insurance for things like lawsuits for privacy matters.
I'm currently paying $2300 per year for the whole package with $1 million liability plus privacy insurance. I have hull insurance on 4 drones which is $1500 of the $2300 policy, that leaves $800 for the liability and privacy part. 2 of my drones are older so fair market value isn't that much at this point (an older S800 and an S1000 that's a couple of years old). The other 2 drones are Inspires, 1 is an I1 V2 with an X3 and the other is an I1 Pro with an X5R.
There are several different packages to chooses from. They require an informal experience level affidavit which is easy to do, no proof needed and you don't have to be performing commercial work at the time. It's basically drone aerial photography insurance with hull coverage.
Even if you're just shooting stock footage for future use, they'll still provide a package for you.

I've had good luck with them and they are very helpful.
There are many others out there, Hill & Usher just happens to be the best one for me (IMHO).

Doesn't hurt to give them a call, they were issuing drone aerial insurance way before the 333 process started. They didn't offer hull coverage back then but they do now.

I am insured through my start farm agent. They will cover your quad because it's classified as a camera. I think it's a personal articles policy. Anyway if anything happens to it they got you covered. I have I1, P4, Canon camera, and Osmo all covered for $65 a year. I'm not in business this is just a hobby.

If in the UK you just need hobby and non commercial insurance for £33 a year the BMFA provide liability cover up to £25 million and covers injury to youself as the pilot. If you are using the images for your own development ot training or demonstration the BMFA have a DDD insurance for £75 per year.

I use Global aviation.... I have a $1,000,000 liability policy with hull coverage for my inspire pro. Runs me about $83 a month. If I smash up the inspire it's 5% of the cost of the aircraft to replace it. Not too shabby.

Google drone insurance... There's a website with a massive list of insurance companies... Some are a pain in the butt to work with... Some are really helpful. Some offer hull, some don't. Some insure without credentials, some don't.

Not sure if that really helps... Just wanted to drop my 2 cents.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide