Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Droners.IO featured pilots

Reaction score
Hey does anyone have any experience with Droners.IO, and after signing up and all that good stuff I got an email 2 days later saying my video was featured and was in the top 10% of pilots on the site, anyone have any experience if this helps getting jobs on it or getting a higher recommendation on it? Thanks
-Jake

Hey does anyone have any experience with Droners.IO, and after signing up and all that good stuff I got an email 2 days later saying my video was featured and was in the top 10% of pilots on the site, anyone have any experience if this helps getting jobs on it or getting a higher recommendation on it? Thanks
-Jake
I'm a featured pilot for them as well...nice little webpage badge you can add to your personal website; honestly can't say it helps because I've never received a job via their service, just inquiries or jobs that happened to cancel...

Reactions: JBukowski
I'm a featured pilot for them as well...nice little webpage badge you can add to your personal website; honestly can't say it helps because I've never received a job via their service, just inquiries or jobs that happened to cancel...

Do you place many bids on it?

Personally I find the rates tend to be so obscenely low I rarely bid. Plus you have to give up a percentage to Droners.io which is fair considering they're finding the work for you.

Yeah I've gotten a few on there since, not great but good to know a few are getting jobs from it

Same here, seem to be popping up, more... since I ve last posted. I've done 4 jobs with them.

I've done 1 job out of God know how many bids.. There is a lot of "Need aerial of 40 acres of land.. buget $150.00" or whatever. I just keep bidding them as they should be. If it comes through, then great. If not, no biggie.

I doubt there's a significant volume of jobs being generated through Droners that are done outside of Droners. What I mean is, maybe percentage wise, a high percentage is done outside of Droners that came through Droners but the actual number of jobs in total is very low compared to the number of pilots signed up. There can be as many as 300+ pilots on Droners for the larger metro areas. For that big of an area, with populations like 2-4 million you'd expect a hundred or more job posts to come through Droners a week. It's a trickle. So you have 300+ pilots clamoring to get a small number of jobs. So you end up with dozens of pilots bidding ridiculously low prices - obviously, this ain't their day job. LOL.

There's been a lot of hype about the industry exploding since the FAA 107 announcement without any real "explosion" of work. Is it increasing, of course, but a lot slower than most drone enthusiasts had hoped. Droners is the poster child for the over supply of pilots and lack of demand for services.

Reactions: skydancz
I kinda feel bad for pilots that are trying to make a go of it with just a drone. My company has been doing high end video production and photography work for 30+ years. We initially sub-contracted out the drone work until it was more lucrative to do it ourselves. Our Inspire Pro X5 is just one of many tools in the toolbox. We started out doing quite a bit of drone work but that has steadily declined. Now it's back to the basics and business is good. I do use the Inspire occasionally but the "thrill is gone" for most of my clients. Not that they don't want aerials anymore but the new has definitely faded. We use our drone services as an up-sell for work we are already contracted for. I'm lucky in that we have a sales team that keeps us very busy. And no matter how good you think you are at flying a drone - the key to success is SELLING your services. Being good at flying is just a prerequisite.... and relying on some 3rd party service that sells your drone skills for fish bait is a dead end as many are finding out. Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: Highrpm955
today in 2020 hows Droners.io working out for you guys ???
Im only asking to get some input from the few that had been using the site for longer than me . I hope is ok to ask a question on a older thread since i started another one and was locked .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
travejars