Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DronesPlusDallas "Budget" FLIR Cam Option...has anyone tried them?

Reaction score
DronesPlusDallas.com advertises a retrofit for the Inspire 1 (AND Inspire 2, which would be awesome), using a FLIR.com camera (like the one I have). I have actually fabricated a setup similar to this for myself and it works okay for what I do.

HOWEVER, this company claims to retrofit to a FULL working gimbal mount, AND that the signal may be read INSIDE the dji go app (single controller only) in place of the standard RGB cam signal.

Has anyone tried them? I am interested to know, because you can get a complete drone package with FLIR cam for what you can buy the Zenmuse XT cam alone.

While I really don't need the full range gimbal myself, it would be a cool feature. Mostly, though, the signal within the dpi go app would REALLY be a help.

If anyone has actually used them, please PM me or post. I would like your review.

Thanks!

They do have some well thought out thermal setups I've also spoke with them several times. I do believe they said on the Inspire they can get the video through the Go app , but must other setups require a separate video monitor and transmitter.

I went with the XT thermal Gimbal just like the full feature factory setup for my use. In case you didn't know DJI also has a "DJI XT Pro" thermal flight app on IOS (free) on the App Store for use with the Inspire 1 and XT thermal gimbal. Simple to use and a lot of custom settings.

They do have some well thought out thermal setups I've also spoke with them several times. I do believe they said on the Inspire they can get the video through the Go app , but must other setups require a separate video monitor and transmitter.

I went with the XT thermal Gimbal just like the full feature factory setup for my use. In case you didn't know DJI also has a "DJI XT Pro" thermal flight app on IOS (free) on the App Store for use with the Inspire 1 and XT thermal gimbal. Simple to use and a lot of custom settings.
Thanks for the hit back. Yes, I really want to eventually jump up to the XT. I've looked at it all, but right now it just doesn't justify the cost for what I do. If I get into more thermography (i.e. where accuracy in reporting is key), I will definitely go that way. Thanks a lot!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdolphBonn