Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Drop Objects from my Inspire 1?

Reaction score
I have been reading over all the rules and regulation imposed by the FAA. This one catches my eye.. I was always told it was not allowed to drop objects from a Drone.

Here is what I found at the FAA website: (It appears you are allowed as long as you don't endanger life or property) Does this sound right ?

Rules addressing operation of the aircraft may include prohibitions on careless or reckless operation and dropping objects so as to create a hazard to persons or property. See 14 CFR 91.13 through 91.15. Additionally, § 91.113 establishes right-ofway rules for converging aircraft.15 Model aircraft that do not comply with those rules could be subject to FAA enforcement action.

Is my interpretation of it is allowed as long as you do not endanger people or property sound right? I want to post some videos of testing if I try it but don't want to do something that's not allowed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are categorizing UAS as aircraft under part 91 now it seems

Actually as we have heard from the FAA, it would fall under the part 133 external loads category which at this point, the FAA has not granted any UAS operators authority to operate external loads. The process for granting a 133 to UAS has not even been conceived as there are many criteria that UAS have not yet been proven to meet.

As a pilot of a full size aircraft I know it is legal to drop stuff from the airplane under safe conditions. Whether or not a UAS is considered under that part of the FARs is yet to be determined.

As a pilot of a full size aircraft I know it is legal to drop stuff from the airplane under safe conditions. Whether or not a UAS is considered under that part of the FARs is yet to be determined.

Yep same with me Mazz.. As a loyal Piper owner and Pilot with hundreds of hours I still even get confused with the FAA daily !

Reactions: Scotflieger
Under international law as defined by ICAO:

Aircraft (ICAO Definition)
Aircraft- An aircraft is any machine that can derive support in the atmosphere from the reactions of the air other than the reactions of the air against the earth’s surface. (ICAO Annex 1, Annex 6 Part I)

This applies to FAA, CAA and all others. A UAS, RPA, drone, etc is an aircraft.

Under international law as defined by ICAO:

Aircraft (ICAO Definition)
Aircraft- An aircraft is any machine that can derive support in the atmosphere from the reactions of the air other than the reactions of the air against the earth’s surface. (ICAO Annex 1, Annex 6 Part I)

This applies to FAA, CAA and all others. A UAS, RPA, drone, etc is an aircraft.

I don't think there is any question that a UAV is an "aircraft." The question is whether or not it has different rules since it has been specially identified with other laws that only pertain to this one type of aircraft.

My guess is that dropping stuff is fine under safe conditions.

Reactions: SanCap
I found it on eBay... Very simple setup.. Just attached to the arms..
d5b8f93921f9a0511a48082f0254bcc3.jpg
dc728507351bd96cd970b1d125780a0d.jpg
b93fe5c05df27ef28f2f22b9d5856608.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phuketdivecenter