Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Drop Objects from my Inspire 1?

Do you have links to the cargo device and the light show in your photo? Thanks.

I found it on eBay... Very simple setup.. Just attached to the arms..
d5b8f93921f9a0511a48082f0254bcc3.jpg
dc728507351bd96cd970b1d125780a0d.jpg
b93fe5c05df27ef28f2f22b9d5856608.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cannot find the site with the drop device but they can be easily made out of hose clamps and metal rods.. The light is from mydronelight.com. I may have to change the light because it's giving me compass errors when it's on.. It didn't do it the first few times I used it.. It's 6W, so I may step down to another light I found..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Actually as we have heard from the FAA, it would fall under the part 133 external loads category which at this point, the FAA has not granted any UAS operators authority to operate external loads. The process for granting a 133 to UAS has not even been conceived as there are many criteria that UAS have not yet been proven to meet.
That's my understanding from reading the text too

You were told wrong. Sometimes you have to read the regulations rather than taking someone's word. Here it is in writing...

Sec. 91.15 — Dropping objects.

No pilot in command of a civil aircraft may allow any object to be dropped from that aircraft in flight that creates a hazard to persons or property. However, this section does not prohibit the dropping of any object if reasonable precautions are taken to avoid injury or damage to persons or property.

Make sure reasonable precautions are taken.

Nice setup - I like the light too! Is the light powered by the 9-volt on the back?
Regards,
-Dan

I have been reading over all the rules and regulation imposed by the FAA. This one catches my eye.. I was always told it was not allowed to drop objects from a Drone.

Here is what I found at the FAA website: (It appears you are allowed as long as you don't endanger life or property) Does this sound right ?

Rules addressing operation of the aircraft may include prohibitions on careless or reckless operation and dropping objects so as to create a hazard to persons or property. See 14 CFR 91.13 through 91.15. Additionally, § 91.113 establishes right-ofway rules for converging aircraft.15 Model aircraft that do not comply with those rules could be subject to FAA enforcement action.

Is CFR 91.13-.15 the correct rule or does Rotorcraft External-Load Operations FAR Part 133 apply? Has the FAA been approached on this? Reading FAR 133 looks like the gear type system is a class "C" external load.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan