Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Dual controller setup with one iPad/Pilot app?

Reaction score
Hi, is it possible to get slave controller to work with only one iPad/Pilot app?

I purchased Inspire with dual controllers as I thought I would use my SmallHD monitor for framing the shots via hdml port when dual piloting. However, I'm unable to connect slave to the aircraft (or the camera) properly. I tried switching iPad (and Pilot app) between two controllers but it seems there is a step that requires apps running on both devices simultanously? Linking should be confirmed within the app on both controllers at the same time? With only one iPad I get timeout error.

Unfortunately friends and family don't have a phone or a pad that would be compatible with the app and purchasing another device seems a waste of money if it's needed only at installation. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Btw, great forum for a newbie, have learned a lot...

When you select the master remote in the app on the slave you have to enter the master's password, then confirm on the master yes. You might have some luck by moving the same device from one to the other...

Everything should have been linked at the factory though, it should have worked out of the box. Maybe your attempts unlinked it.

Thanks for reply. It didn't work out of the box, maybe because retailer sold the extra controller as a separate unit? It was a separate box and not in the case.

Anyway, if I'm able to confirm the controller once, I don't have to do it again and I can use it with a dummy monitor?

In normal operation, the two I1 controllers directly "talk to each other" without using the iDevices. So, once you have linked the two controllers as master/slave, there is no need to have a iDevice e.g. on the Camera Controller. Although it is possible, it's easier to link both controllers by using two iDevices for the initial setup (you need to enter password on both ends). You could use a spare iPhone6 or borough your neighbours iPad Air/Mini to do the setup. Once linked, the LED displays on both the controllers will tell you which is master and which is slave.

Thanks for reply. It didn't work out of the box, maybe because retailer sold the extra controller as a separate unit? It was a separate box and not in the case.
Yep definitely.

Do you really not have anyone around you with an android phone even a few years old?

I'm sure I'll find suitable device sooner or later. Have to find a suitable operator as well so I'm not in a hurry... :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido