Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Dual Monitor Setup For Inspire 2 On Secraft Tray

Reaction score
I asked the question here about how to swap fpv view and camera view in DJI Go 4 app without much response. I wanted to know how to do this or if it's possible, so that I could make the fpv view fullscreen on one monitor (ipad air 2) and the x5s camera view fullscreen on another monitor (smallhd ac7) on my secraft tray for my I2.

So today I was thinking how great it would be if my ipad air 2 was more like my computer where I could hit the control key and plus and minus key to zoom in and out on my screen and it hit me. I can do that on my ipad in the settings menu.

So in the settings menu under general, accessibility, zoom, I found you can setup a button to be on screen all the time that will allow you to double tap it to go to a preset screen zoom. You set this preset zoom level by tapping the button once and a menu pops up and set it to full screen zoom and to what zoom level you need with the slider at the bottom. You'll have to play with this zoom level to get it just right.

So in the DJI Go App, I max the fpv view to the middle of the screen by tapping the top left icon in the fpv view box, then double tap the ipad screen zoom button I set up, pull the zoomed screen where I want it with three fingers and have a full screen fpv view on my ipad. The other monitor on the secraft tray, the smallhd ac7, will have the x5s camera view fullscreen there. It's feed is supplied from the hdmi out of the I2, and you can go to the hdmi menu on the Go 4 app and set the hdmi output to either pip mode or full camera mode. Choose full camera mode for this.

If you look at the bottom right on the fpv view monitior (ipad) you can see the button you can setup in the ipad settings menu.

To get out of that view is relatively easy. Just double tap the ipad zoom button, then you'll go back to the DJI Go 4 app with the fpv screen maxed in the center of that screen, then tap the fpv view top left icon to minimize it, and you're back to the main camera view screen and with osd overlay.

Kind of a pain, but it works Ok if you like a bigger screen view. Not too heavy of a setup really.

Dual monitor secraft tray setup.jpg

Last edited:
I haven't done the latest update that's out just recently, but if you did and lost hdmi output, might want to check that in your settings on the go 4 app, it might have changed for some reason. Unless dji made this change stick for some strange reason. If not that, I don't know what would cause you to lose hdmi output. If not the settings, then check your hdmi cable and monitor to make sure they are working. If not these things, might ask about this in the forums.

Thanks foe responding.

Partly solved. I just discovered that my hdmi cable is directional (has ethernet). Once I swapped it end for end I can monitor real time.

What I cannot do is play back a recording after filming. Found another discussion that has not solved this since June 2017. Can you playback to an external monitor?

I haven't tried that. What did people say about that in the other threads? I'm going to update to the latest firmware and will try that before and after and will let you know what I find. I think most people use an hdmi downlink (like a connex system) for live viewing to another hd monitor for clients to view, etc., but I haven't heard about playback like you're talking, except on your ipad or tablet that you have set the go4 app to record to in addition to micro sd or ssd cards.

Thanks foe responding.

Partly solved. I just discovered that my hdmi cable is directional (has ethernet). Once I swapped it end for end I can monitor real time.

What I cannot do is play back a recording after filming. Found another discussion that has not solved this since June 2017. Can you playback to an external monitor?

Using a Crystalsky and an Atomos external monitor I am not able to see playback on the Atomos monitor. Although with the Atomos you can record 1080 out of the Inspire remote and playback that way.

I have an update, on the Crystalsky monitor in the HDMI settings menu there is a checkbox that lets you mimic the Pilots screen vs camera view or PIP allowing what ever is displayed to be displayed on an external monitor. I will see if this is possible on an iOS device but I do not think so.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop