Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Dual Output Question Please

Reaction score
Hi guys

I have been working on trying to get a dual output system working on the Inspire but have been unable to do so.

I have an IPad mini that I use for the controller and am hoping to be able to use an IPad air for someone else wanting to view the flight. The feed would be using the small HDMI port on the controller and plugging into the Ipad Air. Initial tests have proved unsuccessful.

Is this even possible, as I have read the port on the IPad air is for output only?

If this is indeed the case would something like a black pearl monitor be the best option?

Andy advice is appreciated.

Many thanks

Hi guys

I have been working on trying to get a dual output system working on the Inspire but have been unable to do so.

I have an IPad mini that I use for the controller and am hoping to be able to use an IPad air for someone else wanting to view the flight. The feed would be using the small HDMI port on the controller and plugging into the Ipad Air. Initial tests have proved unsuccessful.

Is this even possible, as I have read the port on the IPad air is for output only?

If this is indeed the case would something like a black pearl monitor be the best option?

Many thanks

there are several ways to output the video feed.

1. get a monitor that supports hdmi to hdsdi conversion like konvision. but that is a broadcast monitor and can get expensive.
2. buy an hdmi splitter and and monitor that supports hdmi input, connect that to either RC and there you go.
3. you can link more than two RC to the AC and with the third or fourth RC the person is able to see the video feed.

these are the options i know of. wait for the rest of the bunch to get more input.
cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JasonUK
Hi guys

Many thanks
I use a Black Pearl monitor on an HDMI lead - works fine but obviously you are limited to a cable connection so not very practical if you need to be moving around. When I looked into having a wireless link, the cheapest option was to buy another RC and tablet.

I bought it from RC Geeks in Crawley. Maybe have a chat with them about any other options.

Reactions: JasonUK
you could also get an hdmi/av converter hook it up to a china transmitter with choosable mhz band at 1250mhz and shoot it to your monitor to have the feed. transmitter cost is 80bucks at rctimer for eg for the 800mw version... cloverleaf antena to it and it sort of works...
it's a lot of fiddleing but the cheapest way for wireless video which is analog!!!
or get a lightbridge one or version two and do the same hookup. same result with the exeption that you have HD.
depends on what you want to spend and how much you want to fiddle around with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips