Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Dual pilot problems, what antenas to boost.

Reaction score
Hello!

I have Inspire 1 Pro and dual rc controllers, but there is a huge problem.

Slave controller with iPad Mini 3, loses camera feed about 400-500m away. While master gets feed but picture is starting to lag a little bit. We tried with different devices.

I'v read that slave rc talks to Inspire via master rc's 5,8ghz antenna. So i want better and more stable connection. So is it just enough that i buy better antennas to master rc only, both 5.8 and 2.4gz?

Can you also help me choose better antennas? And i wish that, they were located in europe, because taxes are ultra high in finland.

-SaintMarkus

Hello!

I have Inspire 1 Pro and dual rc controllers, but there is a huge problem.

Slave controller with iPad Mini 3, loses camera feed about 400-500m away. While master gets feed but picture is starting to lag a little bit. We tried with different devices.

I'v read that slave rc talks to Inspire via master rc's 5,8ghz antenna. So i want better and more stable connection. So is it just enough that i buy better antennas to master rc only, both 5.8 and 2.4gz?

Can you also help me choose better antennas? And i wish that, they were located in europe, because taxes are ultra high in finland.

-SaintMarkus
This won't help - the slave controller gets its video feed straight from the Inspire the same as the master.
The only this which (may) help is getting rid of the 5.8ghz feed altogether (which only communicates for camera/gimbal functions to the master) from the existing antenna and completely relocate a 5.8ghz dipole elsewhere on the remote away from such close proximity to the 2.4ghz TX.
There is no guarantee this will work or improve things though.

According to our manuals from DJI the Slave gets its signal from the Master up to 50m. At your distance you should not have any problems. The recommendation is to shorten the distance and/or adjust your antennas.

According to our manuals from DJI the Slave gets its signal from the Master up to 50m. At your distance you should not have any problems. The recommendation is to shorten the distance and/or adjust your antennas.
Eh? - the 5.8ghz link is a two way protocol but there is insufficient bandwidth to transmit video. The rated distance between the two is 50m bit the video feed comes simultaneously to the master and the slave.
The 5.8 is only used for control of the camera/gimbal and get telemtry data back which is relayed from the master.

4334b09.gif
Eh? - the 5.8ghz link is a two way protocol but there is insufficient bandwidth to transmit video. The rated distance between the two is 50m bit the video feed comes simultaneously to the master and the slave.
The 5.8 is only used for control of the camera/gimbal and get telemtry data back which is relayed from the master.

I am not saying you are wrong,,,,however this technical came directly from DJI's Inspire FAE.

4334b09.gif

I am not saying you are wrong,,,,however this technical came directly from DJI's Inspire FAE.
That's really weird since the video doesn't actually come from the master - it never has done.
Absolutely the link between master and slave should be maintained and totally agree the specified distance has always been less or equal to 50m (ideal conditions) but the reference to video in that quote is a bit of a misnomer I think.

That's really weird since the video doesn't actually come from the master - it never has done.
Absolutely the link between master and slave should be maintained and totally agree the specified distance has always been less or equal to 50m (ideal conditions) but the reference to video in that quote is a bit of a misnomer I think.

Yea that's wrong, but the only thing that it could be referring to is I wonder if telemetry is sent from one to the other via 5.8, if so the video won't display without data link I believe (well that's my experience,part of the encryption perhaps ???)

All these slave issues are weird to say the least

This difference of opinion should stay where it started, stop tracking mud across threads.
Sniveling coward
Your post(s) is an excellent insight to my point added in the other discussion. Thank you for making me look good.

Problem found, some oddreason slave rc's firmware was super old, i did upgrade when i got it but something went wrong.
Applied 1.3 firmware from usb stick, then upgraded it via iPhone. Now 650m/2100feet and everything was great. No lagging or anything. Hopefully this helps for someone :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ccalegalfirm