Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Dual Transmitter Question

CMS

Reaction score
I looked around and did not see a answer to this question. Here's what I would like to do. I know that we can use a dual slave radio that allows for a camera operator but is it possible to take that slave radio and plug it in to a monitor/tv away from the pilot so that someone can observe the video feed. This setup would only be to observe and not to operate. Of course the pilot would also need to maintain full operation and camera visibility while flying. If it can't be done I would suggest that DJI adds this into the next firmware update. If you were lucky enough to own a second radio it would completely eliminate the need for a 3rd party downlink.

I looked around and did not see a answer to this question. Here's what I would like to do. I know that we can use a dual slave radio that allows for a camera operator but is it possible to take that slave radio and plug it in to a monitor/tv away from the pilot so that someone can observe the video feed. This setup would only be to observe and not to operate. Of course the pilot would also need to maintain full operation and camera visibility while flying. If it can't be done I would suggest that DJI adds this into the next firmware update. If you were lucky enough to own a second radio it would completely eliminate the need for a 3rd party downlink.
Yes, just enable simultaneous output to HDMI on the slave remote as well. Then plug your monitor into the HDMI socket on the slave.

Yes, just enable simultaneous output to HDMI on the slave remote as well. Then plug your monitor into the HDMI socket on the slave.
Yes, thanks. Next question will be how far away from the master radio can the slave radio be or is the video downlink from the bird coming straight to the slave radio. I would think that if the video downlink is coming straight from the copter then distance proximity to the master radio would not be a factor.

Last edited:
Yes, thanks. Next question will be how far away from the master radio can the slave radio be or is the video downlink from the bird coming straight to the slave radio. I would think that if the video downlink is coming straight from the copter then distance proximity to the master radio would not be a factor.
The video downlink comes straight from the aircraft however, slave operation (which depends on a 5.8ghz link) is limited to 50m line of sight from the master.
I have not tried it beyond this or out of range of the master.

Ahh, thank you Editor...

I've been thinking that it was simply that 5.8ghz was weaker... I've been photographer on the end of a link that was up to 120 metres high, and the slave video link was decidedly flakey. Yesterday we were shooting in Woolwich and the signal wasn't excellent at 35 metres up.

I've been thinking about getting an Itelite signal boosting kit. Although I'm not convinced it will work in an area with lots of extra RF that you get in congested areas.

Any up to date insight would be helpful....

Hugh

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido