Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Dummy 101 quesition on how to get data out of Cine SSD

Reaction score
If these steps have been posted sorry to clutter up the forum-if someone can point me to the right post that would be great.

I am a Mac newbie and here is what I am trying to do.

I did a quick flight on my Inspire 2 with Zenmuse 5XS and 480GB CineSSD.

I spent about 1 hr last night trying to get help from DJI-we could not figure it out. They kept saying that I had to import all files from the SSD using iTunes-but i don't see any "photos" or pictures within iTunes.

I am getting ready purchase-trial Final Cut Pro X-can I use this program for importing this CineSSD data directly to Final Cut Pro X?

can someone tell me the exactly the step by step way to get data out of the SSD to my Mac-iTunes, Final Cut Pro X, other?

also, I purchased the two expensive licenses since it was all kind of a bundle (back in January) but really don't know when/why/how I would apply these licenses? (I know, I feel kind of dumb about purchasing a license for something I don't even know how to use!!)

greatly appreciate any and all pointers.

thanks

Joe

It's really simple. Using a Mac, just create a folder where you want to keep the files. Simply open your finder and copy paste the files from the SSD to the folder. That's it.

The Prores files are native to FCPX, so just open Final Cut and you are there. Quick and easy!

Hope this helps

Barry

Thanks Barry. So for 32GB of recording I have thousands of 7.4 to 7.8 MB adobe files. Is this normal? If I don't have FCPX how would I look at these files? And when/how do I use my "keys"

Yes, those are RAW files. The easiest way I know to work with them is DaVinci Resolve. Each group of files will show up as one clip in that program, and it had great tools for coloring the footage. As long as you don't need to deliver above 4K, you can probably get by with the free version.

If you prefer to edit in a different program (I generally like FCP X more for most tasks) you can export ProRes from Resolve and edit in Final Cut, Premiere, etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
travejars