Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Dynamic Return To Home towards a moving ship

Reaction score
I want the Dynamic Return To Home to follow my Remote Controller equipped with the GPS Add-On during an actual RTH to a moving ship. I tested it on land and what happend was that when I initiated the RTH it comes back to the postion I was on that moment ... if I walk on (like a moving ship) it doesn't follow unless I quickly abort the current RTH and re-apply Dynamic RTH and activate RTH again ... but still not really dynamically following the RC during RTH ...

Anybody an idea ???

I want the Dynamic Return To Home to follow my Remote Controller equipped with the GPS Add-On during an actual RTH to a moving ship. I tested it on land and what happend was that when I initiated the RTH it comes back to the postion I was on that moment ... if I walk on (like a moving ship) it doesn't follow unless I quickly abort the current RTH and re-apply Dynamic RTH and activate RTH again ... but still not really dynamically following the RC during RTH ...

Anybody an idea ???

I don't have an Inspire 2 but my experience with the Inspire 1 and various Phantoms is that RTH should only be an emergency / last resort recovery. On my Inspire 1, I barely trust it to land itself in a flat clearing on earth. What are you trying to achieve? The bird should come back close to you and you should then take over controls to land it yourself.

If you are trying to make it land itself on a moving ship, I will give you $50 to watch a video of your crash. I would strongly recommend forgetting about RTH other than a last resort and just practice your landings. I regularly take mine on boat trips and land on the boat, but only when it's anchored down (and even then it's pretty iffy but I guess it depends on the size of your boat). I cannot imagine myself landing an Inspire on a moving ship without drama.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla