Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

E Clips

Reaction score
So, on my recent adventure in Iceland I stopped off at Diamond Beach. A black beach encrusted with polished, crystal clear lumps of Ice. Would have been gorgeous to fly, but was far too windy.

I didn't intend to fly due to weather, however in a moment of stupidity (not thinking whilst rearranging the car to access the inspires hard case better) I took the Inspire out and placed it on the floor for about 30 seconds. When I picked it up again to place it in its case, I realised my mistake. Very fine black sand and extreme wind... motors completely seized up with the fine powder.

Anyway, you would not believe how difficult it is to find an air duster in Iceland!!
Still had 4 days of filming left to do, so back at the guest house I disassembled each and every motor. Used putty to remove the majority of the sand (luckily this black stuff isn't magnetic where as everything else in Iceland seems to be! Constant compass issues), then electrical tape, then air dusted and the electrical taped it all again to ensure it was all out. Managed to get them all as smooth as butter again, but I really do not trust using the e clips after a removal...I had to reuse them for the remainder of the trip but flew gently, as I could not loose the days filming.

Anyway, a very long way of asking...

What size e clips do the motors use? I'm fairly sure, just double checking with you guys.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irene