Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

E800 Motors

Reaction score
Several people here have talked about switching the stock motors on the I1 with the E800s. I read that someone, I think it was Blade Strike, said that the motors on the I1 are the E800.

Blade, was that you? o_O

If not, I apologize in advance. :oops:

I was looking at the E800 Kit because my Inspire 1 has dead motors and DJI for some reason wont sell the Inspire 1 motors?

I think people are getting confused because of the new props and "prop-Locking" system that will be coming out. The motors themselves are the same.

The E800's ARE the Inspire motors !... There is no difference! 3510 KV350's is what the Inspire runs.
In fact any 3510/350's pancake style would work providing they would sync with the DJI esc's.

Now I am really confused. Yesterday I called DJI in LA and they told me they were compatable and they sold me a kit to replace all four motors for $319.00. The product I bought was, E800 (4*Motor/ESC; 4 pair props; Accessories pack; Updater for ESC). He said they was made to update my Inspire. So I am very confused now.

Yes as Juan said you cannot install the e800 motors on the inspire or any similar motor, they kinda fucked us this way. The inspire motors screws are installed horizontally (the motor mounts are vertical unlike traditional installs)

There was someon on here that had some good pics of the motor removal, I'll see if I can dig it up.

Thank you skylabimaging for your input but the confusion on this issue only grows. After reading Juan's post I called DJI in LA again and they reasured me that the E800 motors will mount in the Inspire but you have to replace the ESC module as well, which I ordered with the motors. I guess the only way for me to clear up this confusion is wait and see what comes in the mail and how they do or do not mount in my Inspire.

I took the liberty of removing a motor to show everyone here. Seemed faster than searching for an old thread :/

image.jpg

Any way the pic should show you what I was referring to and why standard motors won't work. So unless they've changed the way they build the esc/motor mounts since jan 15 (my was qc'd on that month) standard motors can't be mounted...so whoever you've been talking to at dji is a dumbass, which isn't surprising

The funny part is this system doesn't make any sense at all, they had to make 2 bases for the same motor, they could have cut costs by using the standard e800 motor.

Last edited:
I just got off the phone with DJI (my third call on this issue) asking for clarification on the motors. The first two calls I spoke with the same person named Bryon. This last time I spoke with a guy named Nik. Nik told me what skylabimage and Juan are saying that the E800 motors will not fit the Inspire and my only option is the send the Inspire in for service. My response was almost off the chart in anger. My intional call telling me they would mount right in the Inspire and I place my order for 4 motors and then calling back and Bryon telling me again they would work and everyone else is a idiot. How can a company servive doing business like this is beyond me.

Anyway, thanks Juan and skylabimage for the help.

Reactions: skylabimaging
Don't send the inspire in, look for inspire motor on ebay, there's a guy selling parts for the inspire, he dismantles inspires and sells parts. Not cheap though.

I just got off the phone with DJI (my third call on this issue) asking for clarification on the motors. The first two calls I spoke with the same person named Bryon. This last time I spoke with a guy named Nik. Nik told me what skylabimage and Juan are saying that the E800 motors will not fit the Inspire and my only option is the send the Inspire in for service. My response was almost off the chart in anger. My intional call telling me they would mount right in the Inspire and I place my order for 4 motors and then calling back and Bryon telling me again they would work and everyone else is a idiot. How can a company servive doing business like this is beyond me.

Anyway, thanks Juan and skylabimage for the help.

No problem. I don't know how new you are to DJI but they've been worthless for customer support from the very beginning. I never expect any type of customer service from them, I use these forums and others for support. As more people crash and breakdown the Inspire we learn more about the build side of them.

The reason they are in business - What else are you gonna buy? Sadly they dominate the market as far as rtf aerial video platforms go.

There is clearly a market for an adapter plate to make these motors fit.

I'm no CAD operator but I couldn't imagine it would be too difficult to design one.

I'd buy a set just to switch to the standard e800 motors, the less proprietary we can make this thing the better

Reactions: JayVapes
No problem. I don't know how new you are to DJI but they've been worthless for customer support from the very beginning. I never expect any type of customer service from them, I use these forums and others for support. As more people crash and breakdown the Inspire we learn more about the build side of them.

The reason they are in business - What else are you gonna buy? Sadly they dominate the market as far as rtf aerial video platforms go.

I'm no CAD operator but I couldn't imagine it would be too difficult to design one.

I'd buy a set just to switch to the standard e800 motors, the less proprietary we can make this thing the better

Next question is the ESC from the new E800. It does not look to be plug and play with the Inspire. Will the ESC in the AC work with the new motors if we make an adapter?

Do we need to make an adapter?
Is it not possible to swap the internals from the E800 to the casings of the existing mounts?
Or have I missed something obvious?

Do we need to make an adapter?
Is it not possible to swap the internals from the E800 to the casings of the existing mounts?
Or have I missed something obvious?
No. The feet and base of the stock motor are bonded to the internals.

hmm .. one thing is sure, eventually every motor on every inspire will need to be replaced. if the only option for this inevitable service is to ship your equipment back to the manufacturer then I am far less happy than I was a minute ago.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melodee207