Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

UK EASA Regulations.

Reaction score
With the new EASA regulations coming into place what are everyones thoughts on this ? do you think the CAA will take these on board and how will these effect people with there PFCO ? Im booked on to do my course in december and am obviously looking for some insight to the future.

Thanks

With the new EASA regulations coming into place what are everyones thoughts on this ? do you think the CAA will take these on board and how will these effect people with there PFCO ? Im booked on to do my course in december and am obviously looking for some insight to the future.

Thanks
Simple answer on that one..... Nobody knows what will happen post Brexit.
The CAA were already working towards a sub 5kg cat and lowering the standoff distances for certified UAV operators. It was EASA that was the hold up so maybe now (or post article 50 and exit) they can say 'Stuff you we are going ahead anyway'
It's all speculation now we have voted OUT.

Reactions: TheSaffer
We have voted out but I doubt that has much to do with this, we all know anyone can buy a drone, load it up and shoot for the skies, we all know there will all ways be that person that aims to get the highest just for youtube views, Something does need to be done and I think they'll take this on board because a blanket regulation is easier than a specific regulation and why would you not just take this on board rather than having a complete task force to do just the same yourselves.

I agree with the limits put on smaller drones, why would you want anyone just buying them and shooting them off in any direction ? you wouldn't put someone in a car, forklift, motorcycle,mewp infact you cant do anything work based without training these days, SO why would you allow just anyone to be able to free float air space ?

As i said on another post, nothing to do with the EU.
I believe we will have compulsory registration and a limited ability to fly to those without a PfAW. If anything, I welcome that as it is good for the industry and that they make sure some eejits get caught for doing silly stuff.

From what I understand we under the control of the EU until the day we leave no enact article 50 so if this comes in while negotiating we are legally obliged to enforce it, it's all down to how fast this come into Being.

Anyone got any specifics on this yet. Ive only had thoughts and maybe really could do with some concrete facts

Reactions: jkajfes
Don't worry about it.
It's slated for 2021. We are talking about European Parliament here so any target date or budgeted amount will slip by a huge margin. Member states will have to come to an agreement (they can't even agree on whether straight bananas' are legal) so we have years yet before this is ratified.
By the time it is in whatever form, technology will have outdated it and the UK will be free of Brussels and its rediculous ideas so the CAA will be free to control airspace.
Historically the CAA have taken a much more pragmatic view on integrating RPAS into the NAS.
I think the video posted has scared a lot of people and it isn't 'Just around the corner' and isn't 'definitely going to happen'. It's a prototype paper that needs a lot of fat overpaid gravy train politicians to sit around a table and throw their handbags at each other first.

I tend not to take any notice of anything that comes out of Brussels.........and thankfully in two years, we won't have to!

Good to know your views and yes the video has indeed frightened people into thinking this is only a small step away from being introduced. Well see what happens in the future and I'll just carry on as I have been.

Thank you

Interesting that even the cautious FAA comes up with an observation from accepted data that .... 'giving the chances of accidents involving a drone and a manned aircraft as being 1 in 1.87 million years of 2kg drone flight time. Their own report concluded that ...'This appears to be an acceptable risk to the airspace.'

Brussels has not bothered to read the FAA findings!

Interesting that even the cautious FAA comes up with an observation from accepted data that .... 'giving the chances of accidents involving a drone and a manned aircraft as being 1 in 1.87 million years of 2kg drone flight time. Their own report concluded that ...'This appears to be an acceptable risk to the airspace.'

Brussels has not bothered to read the FAA findings!
I doubt most of Brussels MEP's can even read!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk