Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

ejected firmware during update

Reaction score
Like and idiot I put an older sd card in with 1.3 it started to download and I took the card out. now the inspire continues to beep and unknown firmware is what shows up?

Like and idiot I put an older sd card in with 1.3 it started to download and I took the card out. now the inspire continues to beep and unknown firmware is what shows up?
I'm afraid interrupting ANY device in the middle of a firmware update is usually fatal (for the device).
The only thing you can try now is to complete the 1.3 downgrade or try the 1.4 upgrade.
If neither works it means a call to DJI support and sending it in.

I too did this by mistake using an MicroSD card with 1.3.0.0. I got a very loud (deafening) repeating beep. Underneath was a faint DDDD update tone. I also stopped the update and inserted the FW 1.4.0.10. The loud beep continued but eventually the update DD-D tones could be heard. I shutdown and everything was fine.

"It's dead, Jim."

;-)

But, seriously...

If this happens to you, I suggest turning everything off first...then pull the card.

Pulling the card out of the camera with everything (aircraft and controller) on is similar to pulling a USB drive out of a computer slot without "stopping" it first -- you never know what might be corrupted.

Pulling the card out of the camera with everything (aircraft and controller) on is similar to pulling a USB drive out of a computer slot without "stopping" it first -- you never know what might be corrupted.

I have done this for many years and not had a problem with my USB-sticks and USB-harddrives.. ;)

You've been very lucky, indeed.

How easily they become corrupt, depends on which file system you use.
FAT32 becomes much easier corrupt, than NTFS.
I use NTFS, except when I had to reformat for an update on my Inspire 1 remote control.

I thought I had successfully updated the firmware. Have the latest file on my SD card but I still have a little red symbol saying I need a firmware update. It flies fine but still concerned. Has that happened to anyone else?

I thought I had successfully updated the firmware. Have the latest file on my SD card but I still have a little red symbol saying I need a firmware update. It flies fine but still concerned. Has that happened to anyone else?
You should check the .txt file on the MicroSD to see what is reported. You should also avoid flying with the firmware .bin file on the MicroSD unless you have a new battery to update. You can also check the firmware version listed in the About option (settings dialogs bottom icon - 4 circles) and scroll to bottom.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44