Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Elevated utility inspection...

Reaction score
Hey guys;

A forum-wide search for "Utility inspection" turned up nothing, so I'm posting this thread.

I have a possible new client in the Elevated Utility Inspection game. He's an electrical contractor who does high voltage work, turbine work, high-tension repair, etc. He's taking me out Thursday and we're going to do some high-tension tower inspections as an "audition," to see if this technology is for HIS clients.

For my "audition" will be flying my Inspire 1, v2.0 with an X3 camera. I have a buddy who has a Z3 camera. And I'm thinking of borrowing it. But I don't want to borrow it if it doesn't really help. Any of you guys use the Z3 for inspections of any kind? Your thoughts?

I'm thinking into the future - looking at the M200 and M210. I'm also strongly thinking of bringing my partner in for dual operator mode.

So my questions to the collective are for those who ACTIVELY DO Elevated Utility Inspections:

1) Which bird do you use?
2) Which camera do you use?
3) Do you use FLIR? If so, which one?
4) Do any of you fly the M200?? If so, what are your thoughts?
5) Dual operator mode??? Yes? No?

I will more than likely have my partner there for V.O. anyway, so I'm thinking of having him fly the bird while I concentrate on getting the shots. We fly dual operator all the time for the film industry, and work well together.

I've set aside some capital for investing, but I'm not one to purchase "unnecessary toys." If the dual camera thing works for you guys, then I'll move in that direction.

PLEASE, PLEASE no "speculation" or unqualified opinions. I've done my research. All that is left is to hear from those with real-world experience in this field. All FAA troll comments will be deleted and/or ignored.

We're doing this "audition" on Thursday, May 11th, 2017, which is in 2 days. So I would really like to hear from you quickly!

If anyone uses the Z3 for inspection of any kind, I'd really like to hear from you, too.

Thanx!

Donnie

Last edited:
M200 Series not yet shipping i am told. Going to be an awesome airframe. We have the XT advanced and the Z3. Probably going to swap out the z3 for the z30.

M200 Series not yet shipping i am told. Going to be an awesome airframe. We have the XT advanced and the Z3. Probably going to swap out the z3 for the z30.

What is your approximate distance from the target (tower) at full zoom with the Z3?

Hi Guys,

New to the board. Does anyone have an idea of the suggest retail for a M210 will be?

CJC

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44