Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

English Channel Crossing

I'd like to see a complete run down of the specifications for it. Things like:

* Total weight
* Prop diameter and pitch
* Battery chemistry, voltage, mahr and weight
* Motors
* Max flight time

I believe the minimum distance between England and France is 21 miles and at 30mph that would imply at least 42 minutes and probably longer -- as I recall they took off but before starting across they hovered for a minute or two to upload the waypoints etc. They may have traveled a bit slower given they appeared to be using inflatable pontoon boats and I'm not sure how fast they can be expected to go over open ocean.

I'd guess the max flight time mat have been closer to an hour and the actual time in the air closer to 45 minutes.

Brian

Here's the quad he used. Almost all battery.

View attachment 6889

I should note that I'd only be impressed if he did it with an Inspire, standing on the shore in France the whole trip, carrying an X3 camera with FPV the whole time.

Following in a pontoon boat a few hundred feet behind the thing means it was stripped down to just battery, props, arms and a tiny receiver.

In other words - useless.

My E800 TBS discovery with duel 6A6S will do around 40 minutes, I recon I shed some weight and she may be able to do this.

I agree doing it with a RTF would me most impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People are suckers. Everything there is off the shelf. Zero mods. Vulcan frame, NAZA V2, pancake motors, oversized props.

Here's their "customized" drone:

Quad-7-800.gif

thumb_345_220_20140314031740586.jpg

thumb_345_220_20130805042917856.jpg

dji-naza-m-v2-flight-controller-inc-gps-[5]-721-p.jpg

4s-8000.jpg

Reactions: damoncooper
That guy makes it sound like he just cured cancer. He built a decent quad with off the shelf parts (Vulcan, NAZA, T-Motor) and flew it across some water. His biggest achievement was getting permission to do it.
+ crossing the channel in a tiny boat..

Reactions: damoncooper

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide