Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Epic fail....

Reaction score
Website
www.ctmphotovideo.com
Soooo I had the inspire out today to try out some video work.... wow.... and not in a good way.

First, the video signal Im receiving on my ipad is glitchy at best... theres no way in hell youd be able to pilot the drone via the video feed let alone barely use it to frame your shots. I dont know how to fix this....

Second, I had the settings for video in 2.7 I believe. I went into the app and set it to 1080 buuuuuut I was doing this in bed without the drone off. I assume this has to be done when connected to the drone and powered on?

Third, the mother f'er stopped recording after 3min.... wtf? only recorded 1.4gig worth of imagery before stopping.

Oh well, live and learn. Better luck next time! Heres the short clip from today :(

Soooo I had the inspire out today to try out some video work.... wow.... and not in a good way.

First, the video signal Im receiving on my ipad is glitchy at best... theres no way in hell youd be able to pilot the drone via the video feed let alone barely use it to frame your shots. I dont know how to fix this....

Second, I had the settings for video in 2.7 I believe. I went into the app and set it to 1080 buuuuuut I was doing this in bed without the drone off. I assume this has to be done when connected to the drone and powered on?

Third, the mother f'er stopped recording after 3min.... wtf? only recorded 1.4gig worth of imagery before stopping.

Oh well, live and learn. Better luck next time! Heres the short clip from today :(

With all due respect. Why post something like this? Sure! you are having some problems. We are here to help, so define what it is your asking.
You are apparently new to the forum. Calm down and we will try to help you. We all know how inconvenient some issues can be when under pressure to give up what we promise. I'm sure the community here will follow up!

Haha calm down? I'm calm.... Just posting some issues I ran into on my first venture out on the inspire. I mentioned issues I had just in case someone had some insight... Nothing more. Just take time to learn the in's and out's of this aircraft so I'm staying positive and learning where I can. Thanks for the Input though.... I'll refrain from posting videos that are lacking content in the future.

Haha calm down? I'm calm.... Just posting some issues I ran into on my first venture out on the inspire. I mentioned issues I had just in case someone had some insight... Nothing more. Just take time to learn the in's and out's of this aircraft so I'm staying positive and learning where I can. Thanks for the Input though.... I'll refrain from posting videos that are lacking content in the future.
It's nothing about your content or video my friend. It's just being more specific about what really happen. You said you were doing a update while in bed without the bird turned off? Read your own post and see if that doesn't puzzle you.. That is what I'm pointing out. No worries! Perhaps do all your updating while not in bed?!!:eek: Just keep flying and learn! Keep making your videos and post! Come here for great answers to your questions. There are a vast amount of awesome members here on the forum.;)

Last edited:
Reactions: andrew259
My bad, should have been more clear. When I first picked up the drone I spent the first few days going over the manual while having the controller and app in hand (relaxing in bed at the end of my day). I wasn't actually updating the drone.... Simply trying to change all the setting within the app. I changed a few things with in the app while just the controller was on thinking they would still be there when I powered on the drone, they were not. So now I know any setting changes made must be made while drone is on and connected.

Not sure why the video feed I get is so glitchy, thinking it might be my iPad as the original owner used his phone to test fly and it was smooth.

Still have to look into why she stopped recording randomly though. Hopefully today I'll have some time to take her out again!

My bad, should have been more clear. When I first picked up the drone I spent the first few days going over the manual while having the controller and app in hand (relaxing in bed at the end of my day). I wasn't actually updating the drone.... Simply trying to change all the setting within the app. I changed a few things with in the app while just the controller was on thinking they would still be there when I powered on the drone, they were not. So now I know any setting changes made must be made while drone is on and connected.

Not sure why the video feed I get is so glitchy, thinking it might be my iPad as the original owner used his phone to test fly and it was smooth.

Still have to look into why she stopped recording randomly though. Hopefully today I'll have some time to take her out again!
What kind of Ipad are you using?

Ipad mini. I have another Ipad mini and an Iphone... Im going to download the app on both of those and try again to see if it helps.
What generation? Early Gen Ipad minis are not capable of running the GoAp without flicker and issues.

can not watch the vid in hungary neither trough tapatalk nor directly on youtube... :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido