Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Error code 42... anyone else??

Reaction score
One repeatable new issue I have since upgrading to latest SW/FM... (iOS app on Air 2)

If i place Inspire 1 in take off position...
Power on bird...
everything connects and looks good... camera and gimbal respond to commands...
In P-GPS mode and 17+ sat showing... Sensors all good... looks ready to go...

However...
If I let it then sit there over about 3 mins in total while doing my preflight checklist...
THEN ask for an auto-takeoff... I get nothing but a "code 42 error...call DJI" message flag onscreen...
Everything else still works... just will not arm and fly via auto-takeoff...

For now... I found that a power cycle at the bird (off, wait 10 secs, on)
Then hurry thru checklist again (say in under one minute)... It's fine and will fly every time...

It did not do this before last FW/SW update...
It could sit there 10 mins with power on.. then happily go fly...

I have seen this any time I take my time now in preflight... seems repeatable...

Has anyone else seen this... or can anyone else reproduce this with iOS/Air 2 in use?

I got used to taking my time in preflight and letting the GPS get a real firm lock on where it is... exactly.
Can't do this anymore... not happy... :(

I think that the barometric sensor is sitting there drifting to much during warm up, when you do fly does your bird come back with the altitude reading way off at ground level, if so I think that, that is your problem.

I had this error report (42) back in July beta testing the current firmware (1.3.0.0) and it stopped me starting the motors. I was able to clear it and go flying. DJI advised this was a fault with the barometric unit on the flight controller board. My I1 had to go for repair at DJI Europe in the Netherlands and I had it back in 2 weeks.

Thats what I thought that it was his baro sensor, You will have to send it in John I sent my Inspire in for a bad Esc it was sent in and back in one week.

Baro sensor drifting ehh?,,, o_O
Hmmmm... :oops:
That does explain one other incident I saw on one flight last week that has not repeated... yet... :rolleyes:
Thought I was seeing things when my indicated height shifted about 30ft in a dead hover... :eek:
I think for now... I will watch it close and be very aware going forward...
Would like to nurse it till the snow flies... and I can then ship it to LA for a fix...
:(

Before mine reported an error I was noticing loss of altitude of 1-2m when I was flying fast at low level. DJI also advised that the system self-checking had been tightened in 1.3.0.0.
Mine would come back after a flight and read as high as 60 ft altitude back on the ground had esc error after last upgrade.

Well i had this today too, has anyone sorted it without it going for repair? It wouldnt let me power the rotors up too and in the end i got it sorted but it held the error. Strange how everything was totally fine until this update.

I paid not attention to altitude as well today but did notice it drop alot at one point and assumed it was the fact i was doing 40mph.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverBaez