Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

ERROR Gyroscope bias

Discussion in 'Inspire 1 Help' started by Droider, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Droider

Inspire Warning.jpg New to the Inspire and missed a beautiful sunset with rainbow tonight because the AC would not take off due to this error

2. Scotflieger

I have not seen this error before but it would indicate it refers to the IMU. Have you completed a successful IMU calibration on a solid level surface with no vibrations? What are your sensor values?

3. Droider

Just going through the calibration now. It said no calibration needed but after research it seems that the calibration is required. Thanks for input.

4. Scotflieger

For every new aircraft and after each firmware update you need to do IMU, compass and RC stick calibrations.

5. Droider

Some one posted on a FB page that you should only fly with a 100% full battery? Any comments on this. SI am thinking if I did a 5 min flight and land should the battery be replaced with one 100% charge. Cant really see what the issue would be unless its an Inspire thing.

6. Scotflieger

You are strongly advised to start a day's flying on a full 100% battery. You can do a series of short flights but you should not try to use a partially discharged battery over several days. Be careful when using a battery that was charged several days before and certainly not over a week before as they can lose charge while still indicating 100%.

7. Droider

Hi

Roger that. I would always start the day with all packs charged the night before anyway. I was more thinking multiple short flights on one pack. I would not initiate a flight on a pack with less that 60% anyway.
    As example. I fly for 5 mins on one shot, land power down, move location and fly again. Or like yesterday waiting for the Sun to set and burst through the cloud. where I don't really want the AC just sat there in the sky then have to land to change packs and miss he moment!