Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

ESC Error

Just change the esc and motor that had the yellow flashing light. Now I no longer see the error and inspires flies!

The DJI said in the email that the new firmware detects hidden errors. I wanted to know what kind of problem could be as inspire flew well before the upgrade.

Could he have fallen at any time?

Reactions: Henry Lipatov
Hi)) tell me please is everything fine now with your Inspire 1 ??
Did the ESC error is gone?
I have the same situation - please tell me what should i do?
Reset firmware?

unboxed .. updated everything as they did not send it back updated and took for one test flight and so far it is working.

unboxed .. updated everything as they did not send it back updated and took for one test flight and so far it is working.

So do u think I should send my Inspire1 back to DJI ? or to fix it - update firmware?
What your suggestions? tell me please)))

Yes. If it is the same error and symptoms that I had then you must send it in for repairs. If you do not and the ESC fails under flight you will no longer be an Inspire owner, just a sad guy with a box of broken parts. Be aware that you will not have your Inspire for a couple of months. Everything was covered under warrantee so that helps a little. Firmware update would not clear the error, they actually had to replace the faulty ESC.

So I purchased a brand new DJI Inspire 1 six months ago that never flew properly and after six months of hell with them they sent me a replacement refurbished one. It's like buying a new car that doesn't work only to be replace by a used one. Makes sense? Anyway I'm all upgraded on new firmware release today. Test flying tomorrow. Hope the rest of you with ESC issues get help.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Yes. If it is the same error and symptoms that I had then you must send it in for repairs. If you do not and the ESC fails under flight you will no longer be an Inspire owner, just a sad guy with a box of broken parts. Be aware that you will not have your Inspire for a couple of months. Everything was covered under warranty so that helps a little. Firmware update would not clear the error, they actually had to replace the faulty ESC.

Hey RakuRay have you updated to the latest firmware yet I am scared to get the esc error again

I have an Inspire 1 and love it but there is a problem and I can't find any solution online, yet.

When I power up the Inspire the left rear led comes on white and when I try to start the motors the Pilot app indicates an ESC error (restart and if the problem persists contact DJI) and I also get a gimbal calibration error. I cycle power up and down again and after 4 or 5 times the ESC error goes away and I can start the motors and fly.

The Inspire will then consistently power up through the rest of the day without the ESC error after each battery swap and I have no problems flying the unit. The gimbal calibration warning persists on each power up but the Inspire flies and shoots video without any apparent problems.

I sent email to DJI support but have not heard anything from them yet. Is there anyone out there with similar problems and (better yet) solutions and suggestions? Can anyone enlighten me?
I had an ESC error after a firmware update. I re-calibrated the IMU's and it still kept coming up. re-calibrated the remote control and now everything is fine

Reactions: breathein
How

How do you recalibrate the remote control for the DJI Inspire 1?
In the go app with the bird off and the remote on, go to the menu - remote: and follow directions read in the manual on the procedure also , calibrate the gimbal wheel control. Pretty simple remote calibration should be done with every imu calibration

Reactions: breathein
Hi everyone,

How's this for a kick in the teeth...

This particular day last week, we were flying our DJI Inspire 1 Pro over a pond (my colleague and I were on our 8th or 9th test flight after 2 weeks of having it. We were fully comfortable flying it in various locations, lakes, dams, forests, etc. So this was an ordinary day) and then all of a sudden the screen read "ESC ERROR" and we started to bring it home... Then disaster struck! We then saw smoke coming from the drone and one of the motors burst in to flames and our drone dropped only 2m from the fly and landed on the reeves in the pond, but also partly submerged in the water.

Sure enough our X5 camera and gimble was fully submerged along with the damaged motor. We took it home to assess the damage. We were able to put it back in to travel mode, which was a good sign that our N-Core hadn't been damaged (the N-Core is basically the motherboard a.k.a the most expensive part). The carbon arm was fine, seeing as the water had put out the flames and our X5... Well let's not go there. Our memory card is fine and we were able to download the footage, but not open it as the file hadn't been closed off by the camera.

Now we're looking at repair costs of about £1000 and we'll have to buy a new X5... Unless we can somehow open the video file and prove to DJI that the water damage present, is due to their hardware failure. We've heard only negative things about DJI's customer service and if there's any sign of water damage, they instantly refuse repair and sting you with an invoice for their time etc.

Does anyone have any idea as to how we could read the file?

pull the logs off the bird, it will show it was flying and had an ESC error. Since the MC (N-core) is good, logs should still be on it. The logs will prove to DJI right there, it has motor speed information on it as well shows it all!

Hi everyone,

How's this for a kick in the teeth...

This particular day last week, we were flying our DJI Inspire 1 Pro over a pond (my colleague and I were on our 8th or 9th test flight after 2 weeks of having it. We were fully comfortable flying it in various locations, lakes, dams, forests, etc. So this was an ordinary day) and then all of a sudden the screen read "ESC ERROR" and we started to bring it home... Then disaster struck! We then saw smoke coming from the drone and one of the motors burst in to flames and our drone dropped only 2m from the fly and landed on the reeves in the pond, but also partly submerged in the water.

Sure enough our X5 camera and gimble was fully submerged along with the damaged motor. We took it home to assess the damage. We were able to put it back in to travel mode, which was a good sign that our N-Core hadn't been damaged (the N-Core is basically the motherboard a.k.a the most expensive part). The carbon arm was fine, seeing as the water had put out the flames and our X5... Well let's not go there. Our memory card is fine and we were able to download the footage, but not open it as the file hadn't been closed off by the camera.

Now we're looking at repair costs of about £1000 and we'll have to buy a new X5... Unless we can somehow open the video file and prove to DJI that the water damage present, is due to their hardware failure. We've heard only negative things about DJI's customer service and if there's any sign of water damage, they instantly refuse repair and sting you with an invoice for their time etc.

Does anyone have any idea as to how we could read the file?
Hi, Sorry to hear of your mishap.
As you operate commercially www.thedroneperspective.com you will obviously have full comprehensive insurance that will cover this. Get in contact with your insurance carrier and file a claim. Since this is your first year of operation it will not affect your premium or excess as you will already be at maximum.
In the meantime, fire up the Inspire, connect a USB lead and via the app put it into data mode. Then download the log file as DJI will need this to analyse.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa