Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

UK EuroUSC have had their NQE status revoked by CAA

Reaction score
Seems folks are having their EuroUSC courses canceled and EuroUSC website is down. Anybody have any idea what's going on?

Gary

I received an email yesterday from our branche organisation DARPAS in the Netherlands, where EuroUSC also has an accreditation, saying EuroUSC UK is in deep problems. No details.

OK. All I have found so far is a comment that they lost UK NQE accreditation.

Hallelujah!
There is justice in this world. :p

Seems people got fed up with being ripped off at long last and voted with their wallets and went elsewhere.

They got away with charging people for things they should never have been charging for way too long, (like additional flight assessments for each aircraft added even when the CAA had issued a statement saying no additional fee or test is necessary, or charging people for night flight 'certification' when you only need to accommodate it in your ops manual. Or, the best one......... if you crashed your aircraft and purchased another one of exactly the same make and model, Euro said you had to take another flight assessment, at a cost obviously because it's a different aircraft!!). And then of course, let's not forget that they charged every year for the 'privilage' of having some EuroUSC badge which was meaningless but they said if you don't renew then you do not have your qualification. What a bunch of.............
Karma (not the GoPro thing) is great.......:p

Reactions: lake_flyer
Have now had confirmation.

CEO walked out (or probably pushed) and down the tubes. :)

Apparently, the CAA looked at their business practices and took the decision to rescind their NQE status.
They no longer recognize recommendations from EuroUSC and have advised other entities across Europe who have previously endorsed Euro to look closely at their procedures.
It is not clear at this stage whether students recently attending EuroUSC courses will be signed off by the CAA or not.

Hallelujah!
There is justice in this world. :p

Seems people got fed up with being ripped off at long last and voted with their wallets and went elsewhere.

They got away with charging people for things they should never have been charging for way too long, (like additional flight assessments for each aircraft added even when the CAA had issued a statement saying no additional fee or test is necessary, or charging people for night flight 'certification' when you only need to accommodate it in your ops manual. Or, the best one......... if you crashed your aircraft and purchased another one of exactly the same make and model, Euro said you had to take another flight assessment, at a cost obviously because it's a different aircraft!!). And then of course, let's not forget that they charged every year for the 'privilage' of having some EuroUSC badge which was meaningless but they said if you don't renew then you do not have your qualification. What a bunch of.............
Karma (not the GoPro thing) is great.......:p
Exactly why I got my training at the Dutch Aerospace Laboratory and not EuroUSC.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Editor
The cream will always rise to the top, while the sediment will always sink to the bottom
Yep, but only when the fluid is calming. That;s happening right now. Things are getting very clear for a lot of people.

It's looking good. I feel very optimistic.

What, if any affect with this have on yearly renewals?

My first renewal will be coming up in a couple of months…

What, if any affect with this have on yearly renewals?

My first renewal will be coming up in a couple of months…
You don't need a yearly renewal from EuroUSC (although they always lied and said you did).
Assuming the CAA will still recognise existing Euro certifications (which are valid for life) you simply need, as usual to send in your ops manual, last two months of flight logs showing at least two hours flight time, together with your original certificate issued by your NQE (in your case EuroUSC).
SRG1320 and the fee and you're done.
I'm sure the CAA know there will be renewals coming from former EuroUSC victims..... :)

@gazza95 - have changed your thread title slightly to alert people of the thread contents. :)

As an ex student of EuroUSC I'm not sure how to react to this news. It's reassuring to know that my qualification will remain valid. I know a lot of people found plenty to criticise with the organisation but I always found the people I dealt with efficient and polite. So I guess a bunch of people will have lost their jobs, not a great way to start the year.

When I signed up with them there were not as many alternatives for gaining a CAA PFAW as there now. Whilst I found their training a trifle old fashioned I've certainly benefited from being a customer of EuroUSC, with coming up to 2 years of professional UAV experience on my belt.

Reactions: tweaker
As an ex student of EuroUSC I'm not sure how to react to this news. It's reassuring to know that my qualification will remain valid. I know a lot of people found plenty to criticise with the organisation but I always found the people I dealt with efficient and polite. So I guess a bunch of people will have lost their jobs, not a great way to start the year.

When I signed up with them there were not as many alternatives for gaining a CAA PFAW as there now. Whilst I found their training a trifle old fashioned I've certainly benefited from being a customer of EuroUSC, with coming up to 2 years of professional UAV experience on my belt.
Yes, a shame for the instructors and guys on the front line but not so for the dodgy management and darn right cowboy business practices.
Quite frankly they had got away with far too much for far too long. It has now come back to bite them in the backside.

I'd mirror Cyclops' comments.
I had nothing but pleasant dealings with EuroUSC and don't think I ever paid more than the prices quoted by other NQEs - though I was aware that the yearly renewal could potentially involve a non-essential payment to remain 'in their club'.

I'd mirror Cyclops' comments.
I had nothing but pleasant dealings with EuroUSC and don't think I ever paid more than the prices quoted by other NQEs - though I was aware that the yearly renewal could potentially involve a non-essential payment to remain 'in their club'.

I had EuroUSC review my Operation Manual prior to my CAA Renewal and found it really helpful. So I'll be looking for someone else to help me a bit later on this year. It's just good practice to have a second pair of eyes on what, should anything ever go wrong, is a really important document.

I had EuroUSC review my Operation Manual prior to my CAA Renewal and found it really helpful. So I'll be looking for someone else to help me a bit later on this year. It's just good practice to have a second pair of eyes on what, should anything ever go wrong, is a really important document.
Did you have amendments then?
One thing's for sure - they can't review it for you this year. :p

This is the only thing I'm slightly concerned about.
My original OM was just for the Inspire, but i've since added a P4 to the mix. In theory it's not a huge difference to operations, but it is a difference.

This is the only thing I'm slightly concerned about.
My original OM was just for the Inspire, but i've since added a P4 to the mix. In theory it's not a huge difference to operations, but it is a difference.
OK, slightly OT (you might want to start a separate thread for this if you want) but basically you just need to add it to your fleet by naming/numbering it. Making sure the specs are shown (usually in a table) etc.
Ensure your checklists and emergency procedures are specific to the aircraft.
So for example if your Inspire was called 'Plingboot 1' you can call the Phantom 'Plingboot 2' and if your pre flight is the same for both then just head up the checklist for 'Plingboot 1&2'
Similarly with emergency/boldface procedures (if different).
Note your amendment number version on your Ops manual and Job done. :)

This is not a surprise really. Whilst my dealings with them were very good in the beginning, I nearly fell into the trap of renewing with them (it was actually comments from "The Editor" which swayed me away, so thank you for that Mark). They also offered an insurance incentive with this as well which im sure many would have taken up on.

It seems the well respected examiners and instructors left last year when things started to look Rocky.

Such a real shame really, because its at such a booming stage in the industry, businesses wouldn't likely fail!.

Reactions: The Editor

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverBaez