Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

UK Experience

Reaction score
Hi,
Since having my PFAW i have been looking at the different avenues to go down to try and make this work commercially. Can people please advise their opinions on where they feel the best prospects lie for the future. I am not in media so film-making is not really where i want to go. I understand the 3D mapping is a good route but how would you get into this market to gain the experience.

Anyone qualified to give you good advice is probably not interested in giving a potential rival good information, as they would probably only know this stuff if they were in the field already.

Just be weary of that!

I can speak for experience outside of the USA but, for me the best prospects have come from working with production companies and offering to be their aerial resource and they find the business, I just do what the Director/Producers ask. Another area of growing interest is film production for private parties, weddings, sports events, etc but, you've either got to partner with a ground crew to shoot the ground based stuff or be willing to have assistants that can shoot those parts. Real Estate business here in the states is crap in most areas since many larger agencies have someone with a Phantom just go out and shoot stuff for them (illegally). I can't speak to mapping and survey work, I've not done it. I have done some agricultural photography but, not thermal or NIR. Another area of growing interest is aerial photography of construction sites through various phases of the process. Best of luck to you.

Reactions: roninsteel

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jammartin