Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

FAA Registration

The registration number will be posted on the website, and the FAA will have your serial number to identify your UAS, and yes, your serial number, type aircraft,name, address and email will be posted.
Post edit: email is not posted.
That's not true. Hobbyist registration is for the operator only and is in no way ties to a craft. Maybe paper registration for commercial entities has this extra info but not the hobbyist registrar. Source: I've already registered and the information you state they require is not required.

Reactions: damoncooper
I just registered. I need to give my information, and a credit card number, no information whatsoever about the drones I have was asked. At the end I get a FAxxxxxx number and instruction to put this number on all my drones.

That's not true. Hobbyist registration is for the individual only and is in no way ties to a craft. Source: I've already registered and the information you state they require is not required.
Ahhh.... I see. I was going off of mine (333)... So I had read that they ARE going to tie your reg# to serial#... did you not give any aircraft info on the app?

The registration number will be posted on the website, and the FAA will have your serial number to identify your UAS, and yes, your serial number, type aircraft,name, address and email will be posted.
Post edit: email is not posted.

They don't have the serial number. They only ask for address info. Even phone information is optional. The same number goes on all your drones. That said, I think they should have the serial numbers recorded but not available to the public to prevent this sort of thing from happening. Then the FAA can use it as a means of identifying the true owner.

There was nothing asked about the drones during the registration, not even how many. The $5 flat fee will be refunded if registration is completed by a certain date and covers "unlimited sUAS"

Reactions: damoncooper
There was nothing asked about the drones during the registration, not even how many. The $5 flat fee will be refunded if registration is completed by a certain date and covers "unlimited sUAS"
If thats the case, then this is just a train wreck in the making... then yeah, it IS entirely possible that someone could steal your reg# and do disastrous things with it... bizzar..

If thats the case, then this is just a train wreck in the making... then yeah, it IS entirely possible that someone could steal your reg# and do disastrous things with it... bizzar..
Yeah. The rollout was so rushed that I don't think they had sufficient time to identify all of the possible flaws with the system. The public wasn't even fully aware exactly what info would be required to register until yesterday and since the FAA opted out of the public comment period, there was no chance for any of us to voice privacy concerns. This is going to backfire on the FAA for sure.

Like I said, they are registering drone owners, not drones.

Given the hysteria about drones, it'll be easy for the crazies to find you now.

A Google map display of evil drone owner perverts in your neighborhood won't be far behind, brought to you by the same folks who make those sex offender registry map apps.

1984 can't be far away....

After numerous attempts to register and failure (e-mail and pass word invalid) I'm holding off and waiting for a fix and better security with my personal information over the internet. When you go on the internet looking for the registration site you'll see more then a dozen sites wanting your business to register your drone for a fee and capturing your personal information. One site is asking for a $29.00 for a $5.00 process. The scams have come out of the closet. When the FAA comes out with a secure identifiable registration site I'll consider it again.

After numerous attempts to register and failure (e-mail and pass word invalid) I'm holding off and waiting for a fix and better security with my personal information over the internet. When you go on the internet looking for the registration site you'll see more then a dozen sites wanting your business to register your drone for a fee and capturing your personal information. One site is asking for a $29.00 for a $5.00 process. The scams have come out of the closet. When the FAA comes out with a secure identifiable registration site I'll consider it again.
WOW!.... That escalated quickly.

I was all gung-ho for this registration thing till I started to realize these flaws. Seems kinda crazy that all they want is your address and email...

You could sign up anyone under any name at any address and they would never find you. I wanted accountability for the irresponsible owners, but they're not going to register anyway. Oh well I guess.

Anyone else still having the "email password problem"?
Frustrating. Even tried setting up a new account.

Anyone else still having the "email password problem"?
Frustrating. Even tried setting up a new account.
Well I'm glad to see I'm not the only one having this sign on problem. I have reached out to the FAA helpdesk and am waiting to see what their response is going to be to this dilemma. As soon as I hear something I'll get back to you and let you know what the responses is.
As you can see this is a so-called quick fix to a problem that I agree needs to be addressed. Come on FAA lets get your act together and put out a program that has some teeth in it. Someone in the government has not taken the time to put together a program that truly identifies the drone owner (serial number, drone make and model).

They did not ask for type of aircraft! Very simple. 1 SN for all the drones you own. No big deal for me.

I used my secondary email and went smoothly, not sure what happened but I'm guessing having too many pages backgrounded while opening your confirmation email page may have allot to do with it...

Tip: Once you get a confirmation of email and password, delete that page and open the new link from email and register from there.. At least this is where I went wrong, and noticed it would not let me process the transaction... Good Luck hope this helps!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide