Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

FAA Registration

I used my secondary email and went smoothly, not sure what happened but I'm guessing having too many pages backgrounded while opening your confirmation email page may have allot to do with it...

Tip: Once you get a confirmation of email and password, delete that page and open the new link from email and register from there.. At least this is where I went wrong, and noticed it would not let me process the transaction... Good Luck hope this helps!
Really appreciated the help, it worked and I'm registered. Happy Holidays and fly safe !
As I was saying earlier there isn't a lot teeth to this registration other then your credit card obtainable information.

Reactions: PB30X
As some of you know, it doesn't take much to confuse me and I'm finding this very confusing. :confused:
It's my understanding that:
  • they are not registering drones
  • they are not registering commercial drones
  • they are not registering commercial pilots of drones
  • they are only registering pilots of hobby drones
  • they are assigning reg. #s to pilots, not drones
Is that pretty much it? o_O

As some of you know, it doesn't take much to confuse me and I'm finding this very confusing. :confused:
It's my understanding that:
  • they are not registering drones
  • they are not registering commercial drones
  • they are not registering commercial pilots of drones
  • they are only registering pilots of hobby drones
  • they are assigning reg. #s to pilots, not drones
Is that pretty much it? o_O
You pretty well hit it in the face. This registration makes no mention of the drone ID (Make, model or serial #)

Reactions: PB30X
I was called in by the FAA because of an interview I did about commercial use of drones that appeared in Columbus CEO magazine.

Drone use for Columbus businesses to soar after FAA releases commercial-friendly rules

I received a formal letter saying that enforcement would follow. The guy from the FAA was actually very nice...he let me know that all this .333 pilots license is no longer going to be relevant.

On a somewhat related matter, the FAA has just fined our company $23k for lipo battery transport through the airlines. We have been doing this for years but got burned on this...the batteries were held at the airport by TSA. These are lipo batteries for hi-end broadcast cameras...not for drones...but still, this seems totally excessive.

So I'm going to pursue this 107 thing aggressively.

Mike Meyer
Columbus, Ohio

Reactions: Outta Control
I wonder how many people here (these types of forums) have not registered yet...I run into 'hordes' of people out in the wild that are not registered, most have no idea that they're supposed to register. Of course, most of those folks could care less.

I wonder how many people here (these types of forums) have not registered yet...I run into 'hordes' of people out in the wild that are not registered, most have no idea that they're supposed to register. Of course, most of those folks could care less.

Agreed. I find remote pilot that don't even know about the 333, 107, or hobby registration.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan