Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

FAA UAS (drone) registration is open!

Discussion in 'Inspire 1 Discussion' started by Tj_, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Tj_

Tj_

If you are in the U.S. and have a flying toy over .55lbs you must register yourself now!

sUAS Registration

2. msinger

You only need to register right now if you haven't flown before 12/21/2015.

3. Nic

Nic

Won't let me create an account.. says "invalid login or password" This is after I validated my account, and even clicked "forgot password" to reset my PW.. any other people having issues?

4. Tj_

Tj_

I couldn't get the page to load at first. Once it loaded the site worked fine for me. It's a strict password requirement. You need a capital letter, a special character, and a number.

Nic likes this.
  5. Nic

Nic

Right! I followed the on screen instructions, got as far as validating my account. Then when I tried to sign in I got the above msg.

6. William Fredette

It took a few minutes for the validation to work for me.

7. Aerial-Pixel

After you get your registration number you can get decals made, check out my classified post HERE
    [​IMG]

8. Blue Bird

Once you register, they will provide a decal or decals at your request mailed to you for free. And by the way, there is no need to keep repeating your ad in several threads. I believe it is againced the forum rules. One thread is all that is needed. You must be a approved vendor to advertise out side of the classified section.

#8 Blue Bird, Dec 21, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
  9. Aerial-Pixel

Decals are not provided by the FAA, nor will they be mailed to you free of charge. They don't do that when you get your "N" number either with your 333 exemption. UAS Marking information can be found HERE or see the FAQ HERE "You may use any method to affix the number, such as permanent marker, label, engraving, or other means, as long as the number is readily accessible and maintained in a condition that is readable and legible upon close visual inspection. If your unmanned aircraft has an easily accessible battery compartment you may affix the number in that compartment."

Sorry for multiple posts, just getting the word out.

10. Blue Bird

You are right about the label. However, that was mentioned earlier last week. They must have removed it due to cost. Good luck with your ad.

11. Aerial-Pixel

Thanks, I appreciate it.... Yeah I think the FAA may lose money on the deal since they are only gouging us $5 to begin with :D

12. PB30X

I'm NOT making it past the Proceed to Checkout.. Page locks up and continues to download. Haven't seen this since the days of Windows lol.. Does the registration process have to be done on a PC versus an iPad/iPhone or Mobile device? What Gives? I'm very computer savvy, so I'm guessing there are issues, or the network is swamped lol

13. cdusher

Tried three time to redo the password. No luck. Have to believe the site is having problems. Being the government it doesn't surprise me.

Nic likes this.
  14. Blue Bird

It was mentioned in earlier threads that it was possible it would crash. I suppose they will get it together by Jan 20. That's my guess. Remember the Obama care registration site melt down? :cool:

15. Blue Bird

Agreed! I can only imagine what the fee will be 3 years from now. $105.00???:cool::mad:

16. Redtazdog

I hear they are already talking about a flight mileage or air time tax after the first 3 years :p

17. SixtyMike

No worries.
    The taxes will be offset by the carbon credits we earn for flying electric:D.

18. LeesburgAirlines

I had the same experience this morning! Sent an email complaining to FAA and waiting for a response.

Nic likes this.
  19. Jrellis

I've had the same problem. Tried again this morning and no luck yet. I sent an email and will wait to see what they say.

Nic likes this.
  20. GizaDog

Sheep being lead to the slaughter! :eek: