Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Faulty Inspire 2?

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have a brand new Inspire 2 & X5s which I'm going to be using commercially. I already have work lined up for it so I'm hoping someone here might be able to help before I resort to returning it.

I collected the I2 yesterday and as soon as I got home, I charged the batteries and did the firmware update using DJI Assistant 2 on my PC. I also updated the transmitter firmware via the app (DJI Go4, iPad Air2). After the updates were complete, I calibrated the IMU and basically put everything away for the night ready to test fly today. I got to the field and upon powering up I got a compass error so I did the dance but this failed every time I tried. I went to another 2 locations (fields with no power lines, metal, concrete etc) but had the same problem. I made sure I wasn't carrying any electronic devices and even walked a distance from the remote in case that was causing the problem. I returned home dejected but eager to fix the problem so refreshed the firmware and recalibrated the IMU before venturing out to another location... same problem. Has anyone else had this kind of issue? I have attached screen shots of the calibration screen before and after attempting calibration. I'm guessing it's not looking good!P1280052.jpg P1280053.jpg

Mine wasn't turning correctly it was the main controller that had an issue. Try reloading firmware on your assistant app see if it helps

Try doing the compass dance away from your cellphone. I carry two phones and if they are on my hip the compass gets confused. If it isn't a cell phone issue good luck.

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions. The dealer has agreed the unit is faulty and a replacement is on it's way :)

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions. The dealer has agreed the unit is faulty and a replacement is on it's way :)
Make sure it's covered under warranty. Main controller birdside is over 700$ . An all I can say is I hope you have a better costumer experience then I have had . There support is worthless

I entirely sure if this had anything to do with it but I've always updated my I2's firmware wirelessly. Never through the assistant. Granted it does take a little longer but I've tried further calibrating the vision system and the assistant software detects my I2 but does not detect within the calibrating menu. I've uninstalled and installed twice and still nothing. But, have yet to have any issues with my I2. I'm also using the X4s.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarolinODo