Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

.. FB Forums and its dictators ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Some FB forums are being run by greedy dictators... ( LP and his cronies comes to mind)... they have only their own interests in mind... and will ban anyone that puts their income or position at risk... they say they are there for the members but the reality is they are there for themselves, and are not giving the members a choice... this post sums up the attitude and mind set of these guys... the sooner we are rid of them the better ... i hope that DJI can put a stop to this bull ****...and... close them down....

Neil Watts13 hrs

THIS IS HOW THE DJI INSPIRE 1 OWNERS GROUP AND ALL GROUPS RUN BY THE SAME ADMIN TEAM ARE BEING RUN.
It is with regret that I feel there is a need for the people of this group to understand better the personalities of certain individuals running the DJI INSPIRE 1 OWNERS group and their affiliated groups. Many of you will know of me and my small enterprise, Aero3D, which has been supported by and supportive of the DJI Inspire 1 Owners group with thanks to Curtis Dart, Lynh Phan and others and for that I am grateful. But a business is just that and cannot survive supporting one single group and as such I try to offer choice for my global customers, who extend beyond just the FB group which is the attention of this post, where available, for many of the products I sell. This freedom of choice even includes offering alternative non Aero3D products against my own, such as the X5 gimbal lock, allowing the customer to make their own choice on their preferred or most suited product.
About 3 weeks ago I commenced offering an alternative aluminium adapter set to allow my customers who wanted to use carbon props to have a lower cost, and almost certainly lower quality, offering. This offering came with 13" carbon props as opposed to the 14" provided with the LP adapter sets and with a clear description promoting the LP adapter sets and pronouncing them a premium and highly regarded product. Unfortunately Mr Phan has deemed that Aero3D is not allowed to offer alternatives to his adapter sets and has today instructed the Admins to remove Aero3D as an approved vendor from the group, all because of offering choice for customers.
Now, if this was true business and not just hobby business conducted within these groups, the type of aggro I have been subjected to today would be subject to Competition Law or Antitrust Law regulation (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Competition_law). I won't bore you all with the nitty gritty but suffice to say I have now been instructed
"If you decide to continue to sell the competitor's product as you see fit, that's your choice.
The same as it is your choice to continue to carry our products or not.
However, as long as you are carrying a competitor's product, I can not continue to direct traffic towards your site and nor can we continue to give you exclusivity and we can not give you support from our FB groups as an approved vendor."
So, there you have it. Running scared or just blinkered to the business world. According to one of your Admins Aero3D exists for the benefit of this group and this group only.
This post will certainly be removed in double quick time but will be posted on all other Inspire and Phantom Groups and also on my Twitter and Facebook pages to advise people who think they are joining a dedicated support community that in fact this group is CLEARLY BEING RUN FOR THE BENEFIT OF CERTAIN INDIVIDUALS FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE GROUP.
Aero3D is now considering legal advice on this behaviour to deem whether it does indeed contravene Competition Law or Antitrust Law and will take the necessary steps to prevent this type of appalling behaviour.
And having posted this i was banned for all groups run by Mr Phan within 60 seconds. I think that tells it all.

i got banned and they couldn't even tell me why. as far as they know they didn't even remember doing it.

is a horrible place to hold discussions thought and things get lost fast.

They think they are untouchable ..because of the number of members they have ...

wake up members and get out of there you are being exploited ... give yourself the freedom to choose,

there are a lot more options than the admin are letting you see......go to other groups and check them out ..

its the members that make a forum strong.. not the admin....

Problem solved... I just created a group for all things DJI !!! There will be no bias here just all tech talk and new products from any vendor! I named it DJI Owners Group. Join now ! DJI Owners Group

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Problem solved... I just created a group for all things DJI !!! There will be no bias here just all tech talk and new products from any vendor! I named it DJI Owners Group. Join now ! DJI Owners Group

you are flogging a dead horse Indiana-pilot..... there are to many forums already.. unless you can create instant and constant activity on your forum it will not work... sorry mate...

get behind a good forum and be thankful they are not all run by LP...

I figure I might do well because of the name.. I figure it may not take off but wanted to grab up the name before someone undeserving does! You are rare get I need a few hundred members to start!

Hey Indiana_Pilot ... check this group out .. DJI Inspire 1 Owners Group .. they are totally against LP and have over 100 members already, a lot of them are knowledgeable and experienced guys that is why they clashed with LP... another group is... DJI Inspire 1 Official Owners Group... they are cool also... all good guys and are very helpful...

Reactions: Indiana_Pilot
I left that forum as well. I got tired of seeing the same insipid questions from people too lazy to even attempt to read instructions or find the answer on their own as well as the photo/video Nazis who knew (or could find on Google) every syllable of minutiae about being an expert but, were keeping their day jobs at Waffle House...

Reactions: Hekkler
I'm a little surprised Neil has been kicked as I got the impression he was part of the "gang"

If I'm correct he is also the uk distributor for the SPC and I thought LP was involved in that ?.

I met Neil at the UK drone show and he seemed a nice guy, very willing to talk but was not willing to admit to the known issues with the SPC not discharging packs and not fully charging, perhaps he was unaware but TBH a dealer is never going to admit issues so I did not hold anything against him for that.

He is not alone, I'm also banned from most of the LP groups and not exactly sure why, perhaps it's my good looks and charm ;)

I was going to setup a group for banned members lol, I hate FB anyway so no issues for me.

It's an interesting old dynamic those FB groups.

We are Borg [emoji3]

OK guys, you will have seen a few threads running on this and you will also see that I have locked the other two on the subject by request.
I have been contacted by Neil Watts who has asked that the following reply be posted (as already has been on various other forums) and Neil has asked that this be an end to the matter.

Thank you.

Quote: Neil Watts

A week ago, I aired a grievance between my company, Aero3D, and one of my suppliers, Lynh Phan, who also happened to be an Admin on several FacebookGroups.This grievance was about restricting product choice for my customers. That grievance unfairly and indirectly cited other individuals, particularly Curtis Dart, and the wider Group community which was unrelated and unreasonable. I apologise publicly for bringing Curtis into an argument that was not of his doing.

Whilst I recognise that airing such a grievance publicly was not the smartest move it did provide a platform and focus, over the past few days, for discussions to take place and resolutions to be found. Curtis, as lead Admin, has been instrumental in enabling this and for that I am thankful. I am pleased to say that a way forward has been agreed which will not only ensure continued product choice for my customers but I also hope more free and open discussion on the Groups, particularly in relation to certain products.

I am grateful to all the comments, both for and against, and the support received over the past 7 days. Having already recognised that public airing of such situations is not the best way forward, I felt a need and responsibility to air this follow-up response publicly to ensure fairness to all concerned. My previous grievance posts will now be deleted, where I am directly able to, and request to remove others where shared or duplicated and replaced with this posting. I am pleased that I am able to bring this matter to an end with a positive outcome and truly hope all parties involved in the resolution maintain a fair and positive attitude moving forward.

Thank you.

Neil Watts is a honest caring person .... i hope it all works out well for him...
Having said that it was only the fact he went public and exposed this group, that made them change their mind, they would have done nothing if he hadnt ..
they were running scared from the reaction to the posts.... it will be interesting to see how it plays out...
i want to thank the editor and this forum for letting me post this information ... thanks guys...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool