Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Feedback Needed for my Instructions Document!!

Reaction score
Website
kevindespain.weebly.com
I am a student doing an English paper on the Inspire I. I had to write a series of 'instructions' for basic set-up and flight operations. They are intended for a novice (heck...I'm a novice!) I need some 'Usability Testing.' Would the forum skim through my document and respond to the following questions?:
  1. What specific elements or tasks are not clear?
  2. How is the overall flow of the Instructions? Is the format understandable?
  3. If you could tweak one part of the Instructions, what would you change?
  4. Is there a critical element that I am missing?
  5. What would you add or take away?
  6. **Would a novice get a rough idea on how to set-up and maybe fly??**
Here they are!! (They are embedded in my personal website...) and also as a PDF attachment

Instructions for DJI Inspire

gratias tibi
Terminus

Attachments

• Instructions for DJI Inspire I.pdf
    5.1 MB · Views: 21
Nice job! Love the drawings! I don't know how picky you want to be but a few things I noticed are.... The transformation from travel mode must be done before the gimbal is installed. So, under Flying the Inspire, 3b should appear in the section describing the gimbal installation. The manual states that the remote must be powered up first. Therefore, under the "Flying the Inspire" section, 4 should appear before 3. In 6b it should be noted that the nose of the AC should be pointed down.

Under "take off and flight" there is a switch labeled "Self adaptive landing gear" in the DJI go app, which when on, will automatically raise and lower the gear whe you take off or land.

On the last page, number 9, motors do not automatically shut down upon landing. You must continue to hold the left joystick in the downward position until the motors stop.

Overall, a great job!

Nice job! Love the drawings! I don't know how picky you want to be but a few things I noticed are.... The transformation from travel mode must be done before the gimbal is installed. So, under Flying the Inspire, 3b should appear in the section describing the gimbal installation. The manual states that the remote must be powered up first. Therefore, under the "Flying the Inspire" section, 4 should appear before 3. In 6b it should be noted that the nose of the AC should be pointed down.

Under "take off and flight" there is a switch labeled "Self adaptive landing gear" in the DJI go app, which when on, will automatically raise and lower the gear whe you take off or land.

On the last page, number 9, motors do not automatically shut down upon landing. You must continue to hold the left joystick in the downward position until the motors stop.

Overall, a great job!

Thanks Alastair!! I have to confess that I have not even flown an Inspire 1. I spent hours going through tutorials videos on youtube and read through the user manual. I would love to get one. I work part-time at an Engineering and Surveying firm here in Utah, USA. One other local firm got an Inspire I for aerial photography so I followed suit in writing about them. I'll certainly include your comments!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
THE FLYING LIZARD