Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Field Computing Suggestions for I2

Reaction score
Hey Everyone - I would like to know what the community here uses for a filed computer. I need to replace the netbook computer that I have used for over 5 years. It is only needed to make adjustments, recalibrate when necessary, and upload memory cards for the I2 and other MR systems; not heavy computing. There are some good deals out there in 15 inch laptops but I would like to get something smaller. I have been away from my desktop for about a month and I need to recalibrate the vision systems.

Thanks for your ideas - Joseph

I run a 14" late 2016 Razer Blade. Handles the X5R files etc in the field fine, except that I can only transfer one file at a time using the DJI camera exporter, which is a pain in the ***. I'm not sure if this is the same for the I2, I don't think it is.
I went with the Blade for power vs comparative size. Maybe not what you are after, but with desktop grade graphics it enables me to create basic edits and do a little bit of grading on the raw files whilst I'm away from my desktop for extended periods. If you are just after being able to transfer files in the field, I would say most laptops with a few usb3 ports and decent battery life will do for your purposes.

Alex

Lol... if you like to overpay for underpowered non-upgradeable hardware.

I grew out of that trend riding apple thing years ago with the rest of the professionals.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using InspirePilots mobile app

Exactly why I went with the Blade. Admittedly, the Blade isn't very upgradable but it offered tons more power at the same price as the new MacBook pros, which I waited so long for, and was then disappointed by.

Alex

Reactions: EDDSkitz
I've been using an I7 think pad with a quadro, I think I'm about to upgrade to a tough book though, been doing more farm and industrial work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using InspirePilots mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catalyst