Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

FINALLY APPROVED ND-FILTERS !

VERY LAST NEWS !
CEO of the factory booked a flight this morning to bring us the first shipment personally in Qingdao ! He will arrive wednesday evening. All this to avoid complications with the Mai 1st holidays. I will discuss some polarizer solution with him, but first we will provide all of you in 2 shipments as you received details in my mails.
Finally, thanks for patience for the first 150 order-fans.
Renaat with a bit less stress now.

VERY LAST NEWS !
CEO of the factory booked a flight this morning to bring us the first shipment personally in Qingdao ! He will arrive wednesday evening. All this to avoid complications with the Mai 1st holidays. I will discuss some polarizer solution with him, but first we will provide all of you in 2 shipments as you received details in my mails.
Finally, thanks for patience for the first 150 order-fans.
Renaat with a bit less stress now.

Excellent!

Any thoughts on the ND64 filter. I live in the southern US, how often do ya'll think this much of a filter will be necessary? I am more of a still image guy so I am still learning the video tricks. Could someone with more experience give some input? Thanks.

Any thoughts on the ND64 filter. I live in the southern US, how often do ya'll think this much of a filter will be necessary? I am more of a still image guy so I am still learning the video tricks. Could someone with more experience give some input? Thanks.

Maybe if it snows a lot where you live. ;)

Most high density ND filters are used to achieve extremely long exposures. Do you take photographs that require such long exposures?

Maybe if it snows a lot where you live. ;)

Most high density ND filters are used to achieve extremely long exposures. Do you take photographs that require such long exposures?
In the case of the Inspire, aren't we getting the filters to accommodate the 50, 60 shutter speeds we need for video when we are shooting in bright conditions? I have never had any issues taking stills with the stock ND filters, but video is next to impossible to shoot in bright daylight without the filters.
I also purchased the ND 64 to just have on hand in case I decide to capture direct sunlight on one of my flights:)

In the case of the Inspire, aren't we getting the filters to accommodate the 50, 60 shutter speeds we need for video when we are shooting in bright conditions? I have never had any issues taking stills with the stock ND filters, but video is next to impossible to shoot in bright daylight without the filters.
I also purchased the ND 64 to just have on hand in case I decide to capture direct sunlight on one of my flights:)

Yes, but a ND64 strikes me as being over kill. Over more than 40 years of photography and cinematography (including video) I have never been in a situation where I needed a ND64 filter.

Just speaking for myself, based upon my experiences.

Reactions: Whodatdere
Yes, but a ND64 strikes me as being over kill. Over more than 40 years of photography and cinematography (including video) I have never been in a situation where I needed a ND64 filter.

Just speaking for myself, based upon my experiences.
I agree completely. I can see it being useful if you have a whole bunch of kids with magnifying glasses redirecting the sun beams directly into my camera lens, then I could see using it hahaha!

It is Wednesday 7am: we will check all information of the first 150 orders, to be ready to prepare sending tomorrow, as we have dinner with the factory guy in the evening. I will post photo of the filters ….
To Whodatdere : the set ND8-ND32 is chosen on basis of own experience and advises of most of the fans here.The 180° rule (shutter speed at 50/60 in 4K 25/30fps) is depending of your scene and fly-style. Only when you fly very slowly you can apply the 180° degree rule. Panning fast will result in a rather too blur image. Also depending of the look you will show.
We put the ND64 as an extra, as not really necessary, the ND32 is already very dark. I tried out these filters from another factory (but bad quality with color shifts and too must weight in resin) and with the ND32 I already had too blur image flying rather fast in the late afternoon sun. Thanks to all fans who helped to decide the set, I think the basic set is sufficient. But only for USD 15 more, I understand that most order the ND64 too.
My first decision was a set ND4 to ND16 to have them all of the same brand. Then I realized that in sunshine and at the sea a ND32 could be useful…. as most of you have the ND4. Not making the whole too expensive, the final conclusion was made ND8-32.

This evening I will discuss, face to face, a polarizer, being aware the weight will be above the 3 grams but perhaps limited to 6 grams, what seems acceptable if you compare with our competitors who made a 8 grams, what I find too much on the long run for the gimbal. Not for nothing DJI took the effort to make these difficult to produce ultra light filters. If there was no reason, why make life so difficult. I also have a doubt about the quality, proposed at 69.90 USD for 3 filters made in the US…, in China it is possible as labour work is still cheap. Our cleaning lady is at 4$/hour. Just difficult to find the high tech, well equipped and trustful factory. Normally we should sell basic filter set at about 85 USD to get a commercial margin.

So morning talk finished, also the coffee, wish you a happy day.
Renaat.

It is Wednesday 7am: we will check all information of the first 150 orders, to be ready to prepare sending tomorrow, as we have dinner with the factory guy in the evening. I will post photo of the filters ….

So morning talk finished, also the coffee, wish you a happy day.
Renaat.

Fantastic! Thanks, again, Renaat. Really looking forward to seeing the fruits of your labors.

Fantastic! Thanks, again, Renaat. Really looking forward to seeing the fruits of your labors.
The biggest problem is answering mails, payments with different accounts, often no telephone numbers, and fans not looking at the forum; that is time eating in our poor free time. We finished 2 corporate videos in 10 days and my wife was very busy in her food business.

So are these shipping? I never liked the blown out sky that I get with the inspire 1 at times.. Hopefully with better filters and depending on the light conditions your flying at you do not get blown out blacks or whites in the histogram.

ND filters will not remove blown out skies. They simple slide the exposure down the scale (f-stop or shutter speed).

To do what you want to accomplish requires a graduated filter--clear on the bottom half and graduating to a full ND toward the top portion.

Reactions: Rainbowers
ND filters will not remove blown out skies. They simple slide the exposure down the scale (f-stop or shutter speed).

To do what you want to accomplish requires a graduated filter--clear on the bottom half and graduating to a full ND toward the top portion.

Different tool for a different goal. Yes, a graduated filter will reduce the light for the sky IF you are trying to keep the image below it at the shutter speed you want. Otherwise yes a nd filter will reduce blown out sky, not direct sunlight but it will clear up a lot of the sky but it's also dependent on clouds, white *** clouds will probably still be blowin out.

Reactions: Rainbowers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jammartin